Tosh

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Tosh said:

How are those with symptoms (in the house) doing? Jonesy, FH Nathan etc?

My mrs went and grabbed our lad from Newcastle on Sunday, he's at uni there.  He came home and went straight into a bedroom to remain there only to open the door for food and to go the bog!! ha ha he's not daft. 

She's shown no signs of anything after staying well away from me. 

I now have no sense of taste and smell which is now being a recognised as having had the virus.  I am showing no other signs. So it still may be a seasonal bug but without testing who knows. The other lads that were ill the same time as me are still worse than me saying that they all feel like they have a really heavy cold with fatigue thrown in. 

I went out in street yesterday just for a walk I nearly cramped up!! ha ha I've been quite sedentary these last few days.  

https://www.entuk.org/sites/default/files/files/Loss of sense of smell as marker of COVID.pdf

32 minutes ago, Bigal said:

Is that an official thing?

My in laws are in Spain, they were due home on Good Friday but, their ferry was cancelled.

we have currently abandoned our house and moved into theirs as its empty and its got a garden and stuff for the kids to run around in

Ryanair haven't got any flights til June, I don't know about official stuff

34 minutes ago, Bigal said:

we have currently abandoned our house and moved into theirs as its empty and its got a garden and stuff for the kids to run around in

I would suggest a house swap when they do return :)

Just went up to Oxford Circus to give blood. It’s much quieter today and it does seem a lot of the building sites are shut as there’s less noise activity than yesterday 

Blood place was empty too- I was in and out in 20 minutes

2 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Of course self-isolating in Balmoral Castle.

Given his age, William might be up for a promotion without the messy abdication 

45 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Cheers TC, mrs m was brighter but had a rough night and is back in bed. The 'down' periods are shortening tho so she reckons she is thru the worst of it.

Sounds like a nasty b*****d. The virus not your missus.

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

If he carks it, do we get a day off?

Tim Martin will lobby to get the pubs back open

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sounds like a nasty b*****d. The virus not your missus.

Haha, she has her moments, much like the covid

• Haha 1

Wetherspoons The Postal Order in Crystal Palace has had 'pay up' and 'pay your staff' sprayed right across the windows

18 minutes ago, stressederic said:

I reckon they'll find a ventilator for him if needed...

Health workers can't get tested yet this c*** can. Says it all about the UK. Why is it such a servile place?

Not the UK, actually. England specifically.

4 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Wetherspoons The Postal Order in Crystal Palace has had 'pay up' and 'pay your staff' sprayed right across the windows

Ha. Good.

I see Bolsonaro is being an uber-c*** in Brazil.again, telling mayors to roll back their restrictions. "With my history as an athlete, if I were infected with the virus, I would have no reason to worry, I would feel nothing, or it would be at most just a little flu". Is it too much to ask that he gets it?

Not had an update on my belled BIL for a while, so.....

As I predicted, after 2 days of him being off work, he calls us yesterday and says 'we're all bored so we are coming round to yours for the day'. He's got 4 kids, says that he is bored of them after 2 days being off, is bored cos he has nothing to do, no hobbies - nothing. f***ing bellend

Convinced myself I had it last night. Sore throat, tight chest, slight shortness of breath. No cough or temperature though. f*** knows. Might all be in my head. 

5 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

As I predicted, after 2 days of him being off work, he calls us yesterday and says 'we're all bored so we are coming round to yours for the day'. He's got 4 kids, says that he is bored of them after 2 days being off, is bored cos he has nothing to do, no hobbies - nothing. f***ing bellend

people who can't entertain themselves do my head in.... people who can't entertain themselves and have kids are even worse... 

7 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Did you tell him to f*** off?

Vehicle owners will be granted a 6-month exemption from MOT testing, enabling them to continue to travel to work where this absolutely cannot be done from home, or shop for necessities.

All cars, vans and motorcycles which usually would require an MOT test will be exempted from needing a test from 30 March 2020. Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition, and garages will remain open for essential repair work. Drivers can be prosecuted if driving unsafe vehicles.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-owners-to-be-granted-mot-exemption-in-battle-against-coronavirus

• Like 1

The interview from this German Microbiologist is interesting.  Don’t buy his air pollution theories at all and not sure where he’s sourcing some of his maths from.  But towards the end he makes a very valid point, I think, regarding mortality rates.  He says there are some dying from CV who would have died anyway and are getting mixed up in CV death figures, as they also had CV as well as the underlying cause.  So he says, 30 dying a month of CV seems high but if 22 a month of those were going to die anyway even if they didn’t contract CV, then it doesn’t seem so high.  I suppose the only way to know  will be to examine later the pneumonia and such deaths and see if there was an unusual blip in those figures during this time.

19 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Ha. Good.

I see Bolsonaro is being an uber-c*** in Brazil.again, telling mayors to roll back their restrictions. "With my history as an athlete, if I were infected with the virus, I would have no reason to worry, I would feel nothing, or it would be at most just a little flu". Is it too much to ask that he gets it?

Everything about these right wing d****ead leaders is connected to their penis isn't it? 

10 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Wow. That's incredible