Tosh

Coronavirus

53 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

There are people starting Facebook threads praising Boris for how he’s getting us through this. 

"People" 

My mate from the tip just messaged me on the way home, said people were turning up all day. Hundreds of them. Many getting arsey when turned away.

How can you listen/read to what was said last night and think “it’s fine to go to the tip”

Said Tooting High Road was really busy, people milling about, mobile phone shops open, all sorts.

We are in so much trouble.

This 1% mortality rate thing is bollovls isn't it. I don't know how they have reached such a figure based on the stats of deaths to cases, unless we are working on the basis that loads have it and haven't been tested.

Johnsons speech was all a bit fluffy and too nice and polite. 

Needs to be total lockdown and for the police or whoever will be controlling the situation on the streets to not be soft about it. No-one fears the police anymore and people don't like being told what to do. 

4 minutes ago, psl said:

This 1% mortality rate thing is bollovls isn't it. I don't know how they have reached such a figure based on the stats of deaths to cases, unless we are working on the basis that loads have it and haven't been tested.

Exactly that. Far more cases than being reported here. Can probably multiply reported cases by 10.

What’s terrible about this virus?  I’ll tell you what’s terrible about it.  It’s that it has made us all equal.  

Isn’t that right Madge?

5 minutes ago, Flasher said:

Exactly that. Far more cases than being reported here. Can probably multiply reported cases by 10.

So really we have no clue what the mortality rate is.

What’s odd on the PHE tracker is that the headlines of cases/ deaths is obvious, yet the number recorded as having recovered is relatively tiny. I can assume it’s just people who’ve been discharged from hosp having been treated for it yet those recovering/isolating at home are not recorded as “recovered”. 

I’d still love to know how many of those cases end up in hospitals 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/ae5dda8f86814ae99dde905d2a9070ae

“Just” the 26% rise in deaths today...:(

10 minutes ago, psl said:

So really we have no clue what the mortality rate is.

No I don’t think we do - no idea at all.

There have been a number of people on here think they have it, but they’ll likely never be tested. At the moment it’s pretty much only those who get really sick who are getting checked.

1 hour ago, Falconhoof said:

There are people starting Facebook threads praising Boris for how he’s getting us through this. 

Pricks

16 minutes ago, smithdown said:

What’s terrible about this virus?  I’ll tell you what’s terrible about it.  It’s that it has made us all equal.  

Isn’t that right Madge?

She’s a f*cking irrelevant joke. She should sue her plastic surgeon too. 

I sniff and panic. Wife coughs and I panic. Son cleared his throat yesterday and I panicked 

No King Boris at the briefing - Hancock avoiding the questions asking what one should do if the boss wants you in but you don’t feel safe. 

You would have thought the mortality rate on the Diamond Princess would be a more accurate guideline.  712 cases, 587 recovered and 10 deaths.  Also have to factor in the age range of those on board which you would think was at the higher end.

4 minutes ago, smithdown said:

No King Boris at the briefing - Hancock avoiding the questions asking what one should do if the boss wants you in but you don’t feel safe. 

Are you going in tomorrow then?

6 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

£30 fine for breaching the lockdown. That’ll teach ‘em. 

f*** me. Some idiots will be doing it as a dare if that's the level of the penalty.

2 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Are you going in tomorrow then?

I doubt it. 

Hancock thinks he is on a feckin game show 

Ive had to send my guys back to work.  They were basically being threatened.with the boot. Even though i can work from home Ive gone back in as well. Ballsed if we're doing full time hours.

Edited by D.Boon

2 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

f*** me. Some idiots will be doing it as a dare if that's the level of the penalty.

Seen a gang of kiddas on bikes earlier blatantly riding round waiting for attention, also gonna be some shops alarms going off I expect tonight