Tosh

Coronavirus

41 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

The PM told everyone to get out and exercise didn't he. Don't know what you're moaning about.

It’s like they’ve chosen the spots where their baby is most likely to get snot on them

11 minutes ago, psl said:

Main road at the end of my street looks as busy as ever.

I'm bewildered by it. Every business trying to convince itself it's essential. People aren't going to stop untill the army are on the streets.

Slowly reaching the point where the Tory goverment is going to have to directly address Tory business owners.

The type of people who will be quite happy thinking Lock everyone up!*

*Except me and mine

You can still go out and be close if you're part of the same household. So couples can still push a pram.

47 minutes ago, JonnyBrad said:

That's only for HGVs

That's good to know, a load of potentially dangerous massive vehicles marauding the country.

1 minute ago, Bailo said:

You can still go out and be close if you're part of the same household. So couples can still push a pram.

On the running track is favourite, added Dr  Vallance

36 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

I'm bewildered by it. Every business trying to convince itself it's essential. People aren't going to stop untill the army are on the streets.

Mrs P works on Corrie and she said 'they will NEVER close Corrie - too important'. Then she got an email the next day saying all production had ended.

Me and the missus just registering for Universal Credit (not proud of that but needs must at the moment) 

Part of the process is confirming your identity online.

There are over 48000 people ahead of me in the queue to do this

Just a quick question in relation to the 80% pay scheme. 

The 80% relates to gross income... correct?

So we shouldn't be any worse off as the income tax rate is 20% anyway.

Edited by Owen1978

1 minute ago, Owen1978 said:

Just a quick question in relation to the 80% pay scheme. 

The 80% relates to gross income... correct?

So we shouldn't be any worse offBoubakary Soumare correct due the income tax rate is 20% is anyway.

I imagine that you will still be taxed on it.

8 minutes ago, Redwire said:

So in essence they are only paying out 60%

Edited by Owen1978

13 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Me and the missus just registering for Universal Credit (not proud of that but needs must at the moment) 

Part of the process is confirming your identity online.

There are over 48000 people ahead of me in the queue to do this

So at the rate it's gone down over the last 25 min, it's going to be 2 days before I get to the front.

Just shows the huge demand for services at the moment - the UC application process was clear, intuitive and easy to use. Given the volume of people using it at the moment it's a credit to the tech side of the operation that it's running this smoothly.

16 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I'm sorry you are in the spot you are in but I just wanted to make clear you shouldn't be embarrassed by claiming UC either, this is an entitlement you have earned and are due. Good luck with it.

Gove also said this morning that there should be more news for self-employed people later today, so fingers crossed .

4 minutes ago, LicK said:

Gove also said this morning that there should be more news for self-employed people later today, so fingers crossed .

80% of their net earnings averaged over 3 years - or £2917 per month, whichever is lower apparently

Edited by Gethin

The government are terrified of being seen as rewarding shirkers or the terminally unemployed so I don't see how they provide a safety net that helps self employed without just offering some form of UBI. Unless they did it by measuring your last year of self assessment or something like that. 

Edited by Sion

3 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

I'm sorry you are in the spot you are in but I just wanted to make clear you shouldn't be embarrassed by claiming UC either, this is an entitlement you have earned and are due. Good luck with it.

Cheers. Still doesn't make me feel any less bad about doing it - pride I know but aside from 6 months when I was 18 I've never taken a penny in benefits. I hoped to make it to pension age before doing so again

6 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Totally agree

3 minutes ago, Gethin said:

80% of their net earnings averaged over 3 years - or £2917 per month, whichever is lower apparently

I think that's what Denmark did, more or less, isn't it? Good news if so.

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Cheers. Still doesn't make me feel any less bad about doing it - pride I know but aside from 6 months when I was 18 I've never taken a penny in benefits. I hoped to make it to pension age before doing so again

These are extremely unusual times but the stigma involved in claiming entitlements you are due needs to be stomped on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swan Red said:

These are extremely unusual times but the stigma involved in claiming entitlements you are due needs to be stomped on. 

Absolutely agree.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Redwire said:

Its kind of weird that we don't know this isn't it?

And what also of NI?

I too think this is a gross number BTW, but it is being paid by HMRC isn't it?