By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

3 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

The family member I mentioned before has been told he has to report for work, as they are considered key workers. This is PPI recovery. I can’t believe the brass neck of the bosses there.

I imagine loads of awful businesses with psychotic bosses will be doing the same.

There's Head Teachers taking the piss as well.

Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 people!! Everyone has a right not to go into a workplace that they reasonably believe presents a serious and imminent danger. The NEU had to wield that at some idiot CEOs of academy trusts who demanded all their staff in today. 

39 minutes ago, Cam said:

Suitably vague, wasn't it. Didn't narrow it down to 'key workers'. 

Similarly with essential shopping. Does that mean popping in to a shop 'cos you've run out of Persil or a full 2-hr shop with 1000 others in an Asda on a Saturday morning?

He said food and medicine.

6 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Ocado has got a 10 minute queue just to get on the website currently. God knows when the next delivery slot will be

The last time we ordered from them they rang and cancelled our delivery on the day it was due and then the next slot was nearly 3 weeks after that, and so we didn't reschedule. All the other supermarkets were similar.

Fortunately we've been able to walk to local shops and get stuff to eat so far so haven't needed to rely on them but others are obviously not so fortunate.

Just now, Swan Red said:

While the govt is urging people to get off and keep off the streets what are they doing for those who live there?

I saw something the other day about homeless people in London being offered hotel rooms to help curb the infection. Amazing the solutions that can be found when suddenly rich people are affected.

11 minutes ago, stressederic said:

I saw something the other day about homeless people in London being offered hotel rooms to help curb the infection. Amazing the solutions that can be found when suddenly rich people are affected.

This is good but yeah.

45 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Ocado has got a 10 minute queue just to get on the website currently. God knows when the next delivery slot will be

It was 2 hours last week. But my order did only involve 2 substitutions amazingly. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

So if I open my shop, which is in a precinct but is actually an office from which my son and I work, lock the door, keep the kerb sign in and put up a big sign in the window  telling the public to f*ck off and call us for 'remote advice', then when we finish go to the golf club, put our shoes on in the car park and just the two of us play keeping 6 feet apart, that's allowable do you think?*

*I'll bet it isn't.

Yes mate

completely 

9 minutes ago, stressederic said:

Because he’s a monumental s***, Mike Ashley has let all Sports Direct staff know that the shops will be staying open because they’re essential for keeping people fit now that gyms are closed. 

Is anyone keeping a big long list of companies we should give a wide berth to?

Britannia hotels, Wetherspoons, Sports Direct etc etc