6 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Yes... see the chap running on his balcony

Yeah remember now.

Just now, Dan said:

Presume takeaways are now banned?

Should be classified as essential shop for most 😀

18 minutes ago, Tommok said:

"Protect our NHS" - f***ing brass neck on him

Had me shouting at the telly that. Pure Trump. Campaigning during a crisis. 

There's a veggie/vegan Indian street food place opening up 10 mins walk from my house this Friday. She's dead nice the owner as well. Gutted for her. And me.

10 minutes ago, Swan Red said:

Yep the pace at which people have called for the extension of these powers under a hard right Tory government scares me 

Authoritarians love an emergency. Sweeping powers with no cutoff dates. But we've a lot of horrible s*** to get through now before we can start hoping to call them on it and do anything about it. 

So if I open my shop, which is in a precinct but is actually an office from which my son and I work, lock the door, keep the kerb sign in and put up a big sign in the window  telling the public to f*ck off and call us for 'remote advice', then when we finish go to the golf club, put our shoes on in the car park and just the two of us play keeping 6 feet apart, that's allowable do you think?*

*I'll bet it isn't.

3 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Golf, you say...

It's exercise, it's not going to impact anybody and he hasn't said no, so who knows*

* I'll bet he bans it

1 minute ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Only travel to work if absolutely necessary.

Does that mean if the travel is absolutely necessary, or if the work is?

If you can WFH,  then WFH, if not, then you can travel to work 

4 minutes ago, Murphman said:

It's exercise, it's not going to impact anybody and he hasn't said no, so who knows*

* I'll bet he bans it

Closed some of the courses by ours today.

To be honest for most people that have been sensible for the last week or so this shouldn't be a change. 

You're still able to go to the shop to buy food, get to the chemist to get medication and go for a walk or run for some fresh air. 

You just can't go to the pub or a restaurant, have your hair cut/nails done, hang out at the beach or go to the park in big groups or round your mates for dinner - thank f*** for that really. 

I realise the working from home thing might not work for some people and that's an issue but packed trains etc really should be avoided at the moment.  

This obviously also overlooks the financial implications of stuff being shut but that should be for the government to sort out. 

Edited by Tommok

22 hours ago, Molby said:

I can’t come up now mate

people getting dogs abuse for going to the countryside and no doubt lynchings will ensue

I’ll send something instead 

Gutted. You should SEE some of the Skye Locals comments about tourists. You should just see them.

You two look after yerself. We’ll be here. You’re welcome always. No portaloo needed.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Only travel to work if absolutely necessary.

Does that mean if the travel is absolutely necessary, or if the work is?

Suitably vague, wasn't it. Didn't narrow it down to 'key workers'. 

Similarly with essential shopping. Does that mean popping in to a shop 'cos you've run out of Persil or a full 2-hr shop with 1000 others in an Asda on a Saturday morning?

11 minutes ago, Hassony said:

If you can WFH,  then WFH, if not, then you can travel to work 

My work has told all non-essential staff to stay at home for the foreseeable, and that's local government.

1 minute ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

My work has told all non-essential staff to stay at home for the foreseeable, and that's local government.

I'm in house building.

Been skeleton staff for a week. 

I assume a gathering of no more than 2 means all sites would have to shut. I assume.

4 minutes ago, Bogman said:

I assume a gathering of no more than 2 means all sites would have to shut. I assume.

Yeah, how can the message be that you can still go to work if it's not one of the key services and when more than two people who aren't family aren't allowed to congregate?

19 minutes ago, Cam said:

Suitably vague, wasn't it. Didn't narrow it down to 'key workers'. 

Similarly with essential shopping. Does that mean popping in to a shop 'cos you've run out of Persil or a full 2-hr shop with 1000 others in an Asda on a Saturday morning?

The stuff on the Govt social media says key workers only but their official guidance document doesn't say that. Which is useful.

The family member I mentioned before has been told he has to report for work, as they are considered key workers. This is PPI recovery. I can’t believe the brass neck of the bosses there.

I imagine loads of awful businesses with psychotic bosses will be doing the same.

Edited by Jarg Armani

8 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Yeah, how can the message be that you can still go to work if it's not one of the key services and when more than two people who aren't family aren't allowed to congregate?

The message is that you can't go to work if it's not a key service or that working from home is impossible

"Please use food delivery services" was a handy hint - what are people to do for the next 3 weeks before the next delivery slot? ;)