Tosh

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Christ - good luck to you.

My wife is suppose to fly to Paris this weekend and then on to Milan on Monday for consulting with a fashion brand. She's now worried that that will get postponed & worst case fashion week in June gets bumped meaning all of her consulting till then (with that brand) - probably 20% of her annual income - will go up in smoke. 

got a link to that?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

On 25/02/2020 at 10:54, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

you back in the UK because of this or just coincidental timing?

Rush Limbaugh - the well known physician - 

I hope he gets it

His immunity is comprised. Ideal home for the virus. I’m not sure if I prefer a prolonged lung cancer death, or a high profile death from the virus he minimized and ridiculed.

Tough one...

Was speculating with my wife last night (she's from the US) about what would happen in the US if there was a major outbreak

Yer old people would get Medicare for treatment in hospital but the rest of the population? I can't see health insurers covering the cost of hazmat suits and isolation wards for long, and wonder what would happen if a load of uninsured turned up at hospital or needed drugs beyond a couple of paractamol

Greece has already passed a law saying they can sequester private health facilities. The lawyers in the US would make a fortune in the US fighting that.

Not saying that the NHS is built to cope with a major outbreak but the US has it's own dynamic with "public health"

2 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

defo - need it to peak now & start to tail off.

Like - if you read my post you can think "who gives a f*** about fashion week" and that's true but not the point - it's our ability to make ends meet

I did read it in the voice of that Sacha Baron Cohen Bruno character to be fair.

Two kids in my sons class sent home from school today, desks cleaned immediately. Just been skiing in Northern Italy apparently, and being forced to self quarantine. Hope that's all it is.

5 minutes ago, Flasher said:

Two kids in my sons class sent home from school today, desks cleaned immediately. Just been skiing in Northern Italy apparently, and being forced to self quarantine. Hope that's all it is.

Friend is a teacher in Croydon, family where skiing in Italy last week, the parents have self isolated and sent the kid to the school she teaches at.

5 hours ago, smithdown said:

Aye it’s feckin grim

Yeah, I don’t really know what you two chaps are thinking of, but what I’M thinking of is the Chinese govt - nothing else 

an unelected gang of murdering thugs, nothing else 

literally as bad as Nazis 

3 hours ago, Ripley said:

Everything’s ok. Trump says the US is very close to having a vaccine

And he's put Mike Pence in charge of the US response to it. A man who literally doesn't believe in science.

And Trump it turns out can't even spell Coronavirus. 

ERtM1efU4AAqh5i?format=jpg&name=900x900

And quick prediction, Trump will lie flagrantly until he can't lie about it any longer, then treat it as an immigration issue and close the borders. And possibly implement martial law and depending how long it lasts, postpone/cancel the election.

Still, every cloud. The virus in China has meant a huge reduction in greenhouse gases from the country and a 50% reduction in coal usage.

Don't worry America. Mike Pence is on the job! 

And Trump is pissed off about the stock market plummeting, so he's on that too.

HOW. F*CKING. AWESOME.

An old colleague of mine is working at the Met Police at the moment, he was on a call yesterday and was told that based on the modelling that the UK Government are doing with the Police they predict that the London might be on lockdown by end of May if things continue to spread as they are.

They are considering cancelling trooping the colour and Nottinghill Carnival, which are two major overtime earners for the Police.

42 minutes ago, Buttles said:

An old colleague of mine is working at the Met Police at the moment, he was on a call yesterday and was told that based on the modelling that the UK Government are doing with the Police they predict that the London might be on lockdown by end of May if things continue to spread as they are.

They are considering cancelling trooping the colour and Nottinghill Carnival, which are two major overtime earners for the Police.

Sorry about the overtime....

what does London on lockdown entail?

and if those two events are cancelled then aren’t pretty much all public gatherings and also schools cancelled too?

otherwise what’s the point? 

19 minutes ago, Molby said:

Sorry about the overtime....

what does London on lockdown entail?

and if those two events are cancelled then aren’t pretty much all public gatherings and also schools cancelled too?

otherwise what’s the point? 

Looks like the opening 10 minutes of 28 Days Later.

Got the London Marathon long before both those events Buttles mentioned. 

1 hour ago, Buttles said:

If thats true, then they are expecting to cancel all large public events from May to August as a minimum

Which would also mean no Euro 2020 in England

It will be cobra command soon.

I’m hearing that council mortuaries are being given a heads up to find capacity. Just in case.

1 hour ago, Falconhoof said:

It will be cobra command soon.

I’m hearing that council mortuaries are being given a heads up to find capacity. Just in case.

Where are you hearing this from?

I assumed you were taking the piss.

Are you doing anything other than scouring the internet for news on Coronavirus FH?

Don't think I believe the mortuaries thing. We're more likely to just have big piles of incinerated human corpses lying around like we did cows in the foot and mouth outbreak.

6 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Don't think I believe the mortuaries thing. We're more likely to just have big piles of incinerated human corpses lying around like we did cows in the foot and mouth outbreak.

Sustainable fuel.