Tosh

Coronavirus

11 minutes ago, Des said:

Mate, in London a load of pubs are open, cafes are open, restaurants are open, businesses are open. Plenty of people are walking around as if nothing is happening. They are doing this because the communications from the govt have been 100% f***ing woeful and inadequate. You can't blame people for going to work if the govt hasn't guaranteed that they will still have a job or an income if they have to go home for whatever reason, or if they are merely "advising" people not to go to pubs rather than f***ing closing the bloody things down.

France did all this days ago. If they can, we can. These Tories just don't give a f***.

I think at this stage anyone going to the pub/restaurant only have themselves to blame tbh

9 minutes ago, Des said:

Mate, in London a load of pubs are open, cafes are open, restaurants are open, businesses are open. Plenty of people are walking around as if nothing is happening. They are doing this because the communications from the govt have been 100% f***ing woeful and inadequate. You can't blame people for going to work if the govt hasn't guaranteed that they will still have a job or an income if they have to go home for whatever reason, or if they are merely "advising" people not to go to pubs rather than f***ing closing the bloody things down.

France did all this days ago. If they can, we can. These Tories just don't give a f***.

I agree with you 100% Des. There's nowhere near enough being done.

I was just pointing out that they seem to have changed direction on it somewhat with the school closures. Where that goes from here no one knows and as you said communication is shocking from the government in the UK.

10 minutes ago, Hassony said:

I think at this stage anyone going to the pub/restaurant only have themselves to blame tbh

All very well if it only affected them.

11 minutes ago, Hassony said:

You including staff in that?

18 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Working backwards, that would put the UK population as 16.25 million (100*130k = 80% of the population = 13,000,000)

The UK population is approximately 66 million.

It's over half a million and its f***ing terrifying.

We've just been told we'll be working 15% of our usual hours for up to three months (max allowed by law here). I expected 0% so that's a plus I guess. Local government will double the daily whatever it's called when they pay you when you're not working for people affected by this too so at least I won't be homeless. (For now).

Standard appear to have been briefed that compulsory closure of pubs restaurants and gyms in London only is coming in today’s press conference.

Word a couple of days ago was that a lockdown would start this evening after the schools shut

They talked yesterday of making sure folk get exercise so I expect that they won’t be going the whole hog now. Next step would be “non-essential” shops, not that they are swamped (unless they sell loo roll)

I’m assuming the easiest (geographic) option would be for the whole of the M25 area. 

1 hour ago, Eskimo said:

Follow up CT/MRI scans on my partners mum confirmed the brain tumor and have also picked up two growths in her bowel, doctor saying weeks/month. Cant describe it here its so fecked up.. 

keep safe everyone

Jesus mate, I am so sorry. Please look after yourselves during this time.

43 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Standard appear to have been briefed that compulsory closure of pubs restaurants and gyms in London only is coming in today’s press conference.

f***ing hell. I mean, why on earth would we want to close them in other parts of the country? Absolutely moronic.

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

But the govt shouldn't be giving them the opportunity to go the pub! And it's not only themselves who they may end up infecting so it's hardly a question of "I told you so".

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

f***ing hell. I mean, why on earth would we want to close them in other parts of the country? Absolutely moronic.

I agree - plenty of people will just get out of London instead. It's f***ing madness.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

I mean I get that London is way ahead of the rest of the country in terms of the spread, but you can’t do restrictions there and not elsewhere unless you also impose strict travel bans. What would stop those who are still inclined to ignore advice to avoid pubs and restaurants and who live in especially outer London taking a short trip to the nearest place open outside the zone?

26 minutes ago, psl said:

Never heard of him before. What an absolute d****ead. 

Tough as teak, thick as two short planks of it.

12 minutes ago, Gilps said:

What would stop those who are still inclined to ignore advice to avoid pubs and restaurants and who live in especially outer London taking a short trip to the nearest place open outside the zone?

The Banter Lords will ensure that this happens

The chat today about measures being in place for up to a year is f***ing bleak.

Edited by psl

I can't watch BBC or Sky News any more it's making me too anxious, it's like watching a nuke go off in slow motion. I just can't get my head around what's going on over there. How are there still tubes full of people in London every morning? What is Johnson doing? Do they not realise the severity of what is coming or do they not care? This is verging on genocide at this point.

Look after yourselves lads and self isolate ASAP, take holidays now if work won't let you work from home if possible. Do whatever you have to for you, your family and your community, your government has abandoned you. This is going to get incredibly bad over there. 

5 minutes ago, psl said:

The chat today about measures being in place for up to a year is f***ing bleak.

Been around for a few days mate. Think it was Monday evening. It hit me like a train.