Tosh

Coronavirus

Just now, Case said:

There is. It's for non Domestic rate payers only. It suits self catering and large B>B's (over 5 rooms) as these must be on business rates. The vast majority of smaller B&B's (2 rooms in our case) pay Council Tax instead. Sunak's policies, and the mirrored SNP policies do not support these businesses. We don't qualify for the Business grant.

Ah s*** sorry mate. We’re a business rate eligible (but exempt in Wales) business so we should qualify. If we get it we’ll probably survive for 6 months - any longer and it’s looking ropey

The whole process is f***ed up 

The Queen has urged the country to unite and said every individual has an important role to play in the coming days and months to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.

She said [after she f***ed off out of her 775 room palace in London to her other massive f***ing residence in the country] the UK is “entering a period of great concern and uncertainty”, but added that the country’s “history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one”.

f*** of Liz, eh

8 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

The Queen has urged the country to unite and said every individual has an important role to play in the coming days and months to tackle the coronavirus pandemic.

She said [after she f***ed off out of her 775 room palace in London to her other massive f***ing residence in the country] the UK is “entering a period of great concern and uncertainty”, but added that the country’s “history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one”.

f*** of Liz, eh

Michael likes this.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm getting really f***ed off with people whose income isn't changing but feel the need to temporarily discontinue direct debit payments to other people/small businesses whose livelihoods are at stake here. 

Like what out of interest?

48 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

f*** of Liz, eh

Nice of her though to open up the unused rooms in her palaces  to be used as temporary hospitals....

Elon Musk has downplayed the severity of the coronavirus epidemic and kept his northern California factory open despite a local “shelter-in-place” order, but the billionaire entrepreneur also says he’s willing to help.

On Thursday, the Tesla chief executive inserted himself into the global conversation on the coronavirus crisis, tweeting that his companies “will make ventilators if there is a shortage”.

4 hours ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Thanks lads, appreciated. 

She’s panicking as she went to see her Dad earlier to do his shopping as he lives alone in the middle of nowhere & had a stroke last year & is over 70 so obviously he’s in a high risk group.

Hope she's OK mate

3 hours ago, Case said:

Bobo - You need to know you've done at LEAST all you can for others during this tragic time for you personally.  It seems to me you've exceeded this many times over.  That's not to say you should stop.  Anger is an energy (Lydon was right), but you need to also look after yourself and those closest to you.

And to think, deeply, about your Da - and celebrate his life if you can.

Thoughts with you and yours.

Yeah, I agree with all of that.

Stay strong, BoboS

4 hours ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Concerned Mrs Cockles has it. Displaying all the symptoms the last few hours. She works in retail & has always been susceptible to colds etc so it’s been a worry TBF.

Sorry to hear this Tommy. If she does have it, hope it's a mild dose and that you and the rest of your family are all ok.

7 hours ago, Redwire said:

It's a log scale, the only way to clearly compare trajectories for something with exponential growth.

It's not a log scale and it is quite a stupid one but I don't think it alters the overall point of the graphic.

8 hours ago, Gethin said:

Ah s*** sorry mate. We’re a business rate eligible (but exempt in Wales) business so we should qualify. If we get it we’ll probably survive for 6 months - any longer and it’s looking ropey

The whole process is f***ed up 

The problem is they should have said - 'Look, give us a week, and we'll come up with a plan'.

Everything from health to support from schools to supermarkets is reactive. It won't work and will be a total nightmare to resolve afterwards.

Anyway, gethin - do apply for that grant. My gut feel is that six months will be fine. Good luck to you.

27 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Tory landfill gets on high horse 

She's the worst. Hope her kid gets a highly paid new job and f***s off to Ecaudor or Chad for the rest of their happy lives.

3 minutes ago, Redray said:

7.45 this morning. 

8.45 UK time

I like the idea of a sing song but....

10 minutes ago, Molby said:

8.45 UK time

I like the idea of a sing song but....

7.45 uk time mate.  Radip 1 & 2 in Uk 

2 minutes ago, psl said:

Found myself welling up when that came on. Wasn't expecting that.

Ha! My Mrs just went half way thru that and she never goes.

Go ed Europe.  Get into them!

51 minutes ago, Case said:

The problem is they should have said - 'Look, give us a week, and we'll come up with a plan'.

Everything from health to support from schools to supermarkets is reactive. It won't work and will be a total nightmare to resolve afterwards.

Anyway, gethin - do apply for that grant. My gut feel is that six months will be fine. Good luck to you.

Agree with all of that, I said a few pages back that one of my biggest worries is that even if we do survive, lots of the rest of the ecosystem that supports tourism in the area won’t. The government needs to be doing much much more to support everyone 

Mrs Cockles update:

She’s much better this morning. I’m really at a loss, last night relentless cough, temperature, short of breath, aching in her back, sore throat etc etc. All the symptoms  except hot rather than feverish. Was quite worrying. Especially how quickly it came on.

This morning just a moderate cough.

Obviously the main thing is she seems to be much better, but 14 days isolation it is then I guess.

Thanks again for your all your kind words.

1 minute ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Mrs Cockles update:

She’s much better this morning. I’m really at a loss, last night relentless cough, temperature, short of breath, aching in her back, sore throat etc etc. All the symptoms  except hot rather than feverish. Was quite worrying. Especially how quickly it came on.

This morning just a moderate cough.

Obviously the main thing is she seems to be much better, but 14 days isolation it is then I guess.

Thanks again for your all your kind words.

Don't know if this helps mate but it seems symptoms are quite individualistic.  If flu like symptoms come on suddenly then it's unlikely to be it.  If this is right anyway,  https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronanvirus-early-first-symptoms-temple-university-penn-state-20200318.html

20 hours ago, Swan Red said:

There were pictures of nurses coming off shifts to cars that had been clamped. We need people with angle grinders showing solidarity

Tell your Dad I was asking about him and asking you all to stay safe

Will do Ta