Jump to content
Tosh

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Gethin said:

They're denying it saying they've just raised $500m in funding

“ The company is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, your money is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.”
 

why would anyone bank with them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

“ The company is authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). However, your money is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.”
 

why would anyone bank with them?

Ooof, didn't realise that.

We use Starling Bank who are similar (and excellent) but are covered by the FSCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

If anyone has money in a Revolut account, word is they're about to go bust.

I was just looking at a job ad from them yesterday, very generous benefits including free takeaways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I was just looking at a job ad from them yesterday, very generous benefits including free takeaways.

Yeah, of other people’s money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gethin said:

Ah man that's s***. We had my FIL collapse on us a month ago whilst he was down here visiting. Turned out to be a brain bleed - he was in hospital for 3 weeks and is now back home in Manc recovering well - it was bad enough for the family for that to happen when things were normal so really feel for what you're going through with the additional complications of the tumour and coronavirus. Good luck with everything

Cheers Gethin, that's it under normal circumstances it's a scary situation but this takes it to another level almost too much to take in. Glad yer FIL is doing well. 

Cheers Tommo and Murph keep safe mate there's few case around Christchurch now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Nice to see we are all in it together:

 

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.
Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave. 
The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.
People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.
However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies. 
Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.
Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:



Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

Tell me that's not true. Lash out the profits so you can claim poverty? These c**** should be locked up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

If anyone has money in a Revolut account, word is they're about to go bust.

Where have you seen that? A mate has a fair bit with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DonRafa said:

Two temporary morgues have also been erected, one in central London, one in grounds of army compound.

Also, seems that public transport may be severely restricted, in which case I'll be outside the local supermarket at 7.30 tomorrow morning, because this will cause binge shopping to go to a whole different level. Sigh.

 

 

7 hours ago, Cam said:

FFS 

Why have you replied FFS?  Someone else said the same, though can't find their reply now.

Anyway, I was just saying that as buses etc were gong to be restricted, this would cause even more binge buying, so I joked I'd be at local supermarket at 07.30, before everything disappeared.

I'm on JSA, the only thing I'm binging on is fresh air.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DonRafa said:

 

Why have you replied FFS?  Someone else said the same, though can't find their reply now.

Anyway, I was just saying that as buses etc were gong to be restricted, this would cause even more binge buying, so I joked I'd be at local supermarket at 07.30, before everything disappeared.

I'm on JSA, the only thing I'm binging on is fresh air.   

 

Over 40 tube stations in London to close or are already closed with presumably more to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just on my way in for a shift starting 5 until close. Just got a call from the manager we’re closing at 7 and that’s it until this is all over. Will close this damn bar properly and cleanly and polish off the keg of IPA and any open wine bottles before heading home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

f***ing hell

 

 

Just got more and more worked up watching that s***.... Brady, Brodie and Britney all bellends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Michael said:


Nice to see we are all in it together:

 

Budget airline EasyJet has asked pilots and cabin crew to agree to sweeping changes in their terms and conditions, as part of its response to coronavirus.
Among the proposed changes are a freeze on planned pay rises and a requirement to take three months of unpaid leave. 
The airline would also no longer provide food for crew during their shifts, only water.
People close to the talks said the proposals went down very badly, particularly among pilots.
However, there remains a willingness to make concessions in order to avoid redundancies. 
Further talks between EasyJet and unions representing pilots and cabin crew are expected today.
Meanwhile, EasyJet's chief executive Johan Lundgren has defended the payment of £170m in dividends to shareholders, at a time when the company is seeking financial help from the government.

yes - have an EasyJet pilot as a client i'm in the process of arranging a mortgage for  - so that's that fecked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Murphman said:

I'm not ignoring anything Vic. It's a given a Landlord would automatically be an evil Tory on here. (As can typically witnessed with Cymro's article) .

The mindset will ensure  Cobs is deemed right with his argument that a landlord on a mortgage break is in receipt of a benefit because it MAY assist cash flow, (If assistance is even needed) but will accrue debt which has to be repaid.

He is deemed in receipt of benefit which  should allow the tenant to pay no rent for months thereby accruing a debt the landlord should just write off because he's obviously comfortable and doesn't need the money and no landlord Cobs has ever met doesn't fit this description as they all get a state pension. My point, if a tenant is in trouble he should be helped, if he isn't in any financial difficulty or ill why should he automatically be given a rent freeze with the landlord picking up the bill.It's bolllocks this generalisation when there are so many different circumstances. A client of mine has just asked me to remortgage his two flats to maximise his borrowings as the alternative is to laying off his 12 staff members including his son, brother and daughter in law. He's capital raising £90000 to ride this storm with  no guarantee he won't be closed down and £90000 worse off in 6 months. This happened today, it's a real time quandary with real people, why should he offer free rent to his tenants if they're comfortably off and in no difficulties working from home?

 

There's no catch all, each case on it's merits.

Have you made your client aware of the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Just got more and more worked up watching that s***.... Brady, Brodie and Britney all bellends

It's an overreaction & it's ruining HER Spring Break

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eskimo said:

Don't really post personal stuff on here but here goes. My partners mum suffered a stroke/bleed on the brain last month, that night it wasn't looking good but by morning she was awake and miraculously all there, much to the doctors surprise. Anyway four days later she was good to go home, there was nothing more they could do for her at the hospital.

Home care was arranged and all was looking pretty rosy considering until last Friday when she took a turn for the worse. She was already booked in for a follow-up scan last night, due to the bleed they couldn't get a clear picture first time round, they called a couple of hours ago confirming that they have found a tumor and she's been kept in awaiting further tests but given her age and other factors the prognosis doesn't look good but were keeping our fingers crossed, she's a tough old bird!!

We have been pretty much in lockdown mode over the last couple of weeks so as we could go over every other day to check up on her and keep things ticking along as well as looking after the old fella, he's 80.  

Long and short due to his age he's not allowed to visit her in hospital and we are dreading catching it as it means she will have no visitors when she most needs us..

fecking c***ing virus   

awful position to be in mate, sorry. FiL died in a hospice a few weeks ago and we were saying yesterday how weird it was to feel grateful he died a lot sooner than anyone expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gethin said:

f***ing a*******s 🤬

Yeah it's a pretty sad state of affairs - loads of old people are totally dependent on that local store as they can't get into town and online deliveries are either beyond them due to lack of computer knowledge or are simply just booked up weeks in advance at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife works for an independent school and obviously they're shutting on Fri. They're still making her go to work though so she can  (allegedly) teach children remotely. Not sure why she can't do that from home and how that fits in with advice to work from home where possible. Also means I'll have to look after the kids whilst I'm meant to be working from home. Feels a bit irresponsible to force people into the workplace when it isn't necessary.

What are you being asked to do @Bailo? You're in a similar position aren't you?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good news on the work front. HR of the job I'm supposed to start in 6 weeks just rang unprompted to re-assure me that I will be starting as agreed. Current employer told me today they would bin my notice and let me stay on if it goes to s***. A big relief for the time being........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...