By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

Wiki, Spanish Flu: It infected 500 million people around the world,[2] or about 27% of the then world population of between 1.8 to 1.9 billion, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Arctic. The death toll is estimated to have been 40 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million

5 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

or, like SARS, it goes away on its own

I hope so, but just read this,

“By the end of the SARS epidemic, 8,000 people had been infected. Already, more than 73,000 people have been diagnosed with COVID-19, and some experts think undetected milder cases push the true tally even higher.

“It’s affecting hundreds of thousands of people, and potentially a lot more going forward. It’s really hard to contain once you’ve got that kind of saturation,” Gostin said. “This is a much bigger challenge than SARS.”

Two Middle East nations, UAE and Kuwait, have now implemented travel bans for their own citizens to and from Thailand because of Covid-19. I don't know if that actually means all flights cancelled or not. We're due to fly back to Manchester this coming Sunday on Qatar. So fingers f***ing crossed. It all feels like it is getting properly hairy now this, and the spread has ratcheted up a bit the past few days. Still no fatalities from it in Thailand though. And if you believe that I've got some diaries to sell you.

11 hours ago, Stevie H said:

Two Middle East nations, UAE and Kuwait, have now implemented travel bans for their own citizens to and from Thailand because of Covid-19. I don't know if that actually means all flights cancelled or not. We're due to fly back to Manchester this coming Sunday on Qatar. So fingers f***ing crossed. It all feels like it is getting properly hairy now this, and the spread has ratcheted up a bit the past few days. Still no fatalities from it in Thailand though. And if you believe that I've got some diaries to sell you.

you back in the UK because of this or just coincidental timing?

Rush Limbaugh - the well known physician - 

The coronavirus outbreak is being “weaponised” by the media to bring down Donald Trump when in fact it is simply a version of the “common cold”,

I hope he gets it

8 minutes ago, Case said:

A few British schools closed after some kids were flown to Italy for half term school trips.

The kids have been sent home and told to self-isolate.

You couldn't make it up.

Is it the kids going skiing or the quarantine that you ‘couldn't make it up’ about ?

1 hour ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

you back in the UK because of this or just coincidental timing?

No, been booked for a while. So the timing of this thing is piss poor. Whether we can fly back here afterwards remains to be seen. There's no road map for this. Countries are making it up as they go. 

25 minutes ago, Case said:

The fact they went Skiing to an area where health risks were starting to appear.

They would have lost their deposit otherwise 

4 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

Rouhani claims it’s a conspiracy by the West to spread fear in Iran, and the situation will be normal by Saturday.

Is this real ? Rise up Iran!

kick these f***ing bums out 

1 hour ago, Case said:

The fact they went Skiing to an area where health risks were starting to appear.

But it only became apparent and acted upon at the weekend in Italy,  didnt it? I suspect those kids/teachers  were already there unaware. 

I don't think they were sat at home going I can't wait to go skiing there 

2 hours ago, Case said:

Not sure when many of us were aware of cases in Italy? 
seems to have happened just this weekend.

however, this is breaking news and unverified...

Romania today reported its first #COVID19 case. The patient returned from Italy three weeks ago, which means #coronavirus was already spreading in Italy way before the current outbreak.

11 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

you're still freelancing though - so kinda ok? 

Yeah, still freelancing so I'd be OK but Claire works out here. We have a house here. We're leaving our dog in kennels. There's a possibility we might be stuck in the UK and not able to come back here.