By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

On 10/07/2022 at 07:35, muleskinner said:

Quite possibly,  she was around us when the 3 of us had it first time

my daughter's 1st year at university, as they (weirdly) do it here, she shared a room with someone - they were literally 10ft apart. My daughter got it, her roommate didn't

On 16/07/2022 at 15:51, Begbie said:

There's a new round of foil hat stuff going round calling out increasing unexplained death rates which they're pinning on the vaccines.  I've seen Paul Ryder and Ant and Dec's brother included already in the suspicious list

I'm genuinely amazed at the attempted point scoring in all this, it originally felt like something that would bring us together 

yeah - it's like people never died before. Paul Ryder was a heroin addict before, may well still have been. 

They're saying stuff like 90% of COVID deaths are among the vaccinated. 

Well - most people are vaccinated, by a large majority, so you would expect most deaths to be from vaccinated people. They're failing to extrapolate the stats properly; if everyone in the country was vaccinated, then all deaths would be among the vaccinated

I caught this last week for the first time after dodging the f***er (I'm fully jabbed up). Think I kind of got away with it in that it was like a heavy summer cold with no high temp or fever (the mucus was an interesting colour though). One thing that has happened is that the joint on my big toe has inflamed and is pretty painful - normally I would not link it to Covid but the last time it happened was when I had the first jab which knocked me for 6.

Edited by Ibby

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah me too - had a bit of a sore throat and cough yesterday so did a test and it came back negative. Woke up this morning and felt worse so tested again and it was positive. 

Got a headache despite taking paracetamol, regular coughing fits and properly knackered but other than that not too bad so far - apart from the slight sense of defeat at getting this fecker after keeping it at bay for so long ;)

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Tosh said:

I’m so old…

7CFA538E-9172-42D8-B6EE-D2019450DD08.webp

Never ever has there been a beer that made you fart as much as Double Diamond, and it was rotten too. Back in my day just after the Woar, I was sitting around a girls house desperate to pass wind. I said to this lad who had a Triumph Spitfire 'can I have a drive of your motor, I need some ciggies?', the girl of my dreams said 'I've never been in a Spitfire, can I come?' F*ck off Double Diamond is all I can say.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

Never ever has there been a beer that made you fart as much as Double Diamond, and it was rotten too. Back in my day just after the Woar, I was sitting around a girls house desperate to pass wind. I said to this lad who had a Triumph Spitfire 'can I have a drive of your motor, I need some ciggies?', the girl of my dreams said 'I've never been in a Spitfire, can I come?' F*ck off Double Diamond is all I can say.

I am a story teller 

The story must be told

My name is John Murphy 

Let the bulls*** unfold! 

Edited by Jonesy
  • Haha 5

Remember seeing party cans of that being tore open.  Wonder why that idea got killed off - just a massive big tin of ale. Worthington E was another.  

11 hours ago, Murphman said:

Why didn't you just go the toilet?

14 hours ago, Duncan Disorderly said:

Just bloody well buggery tested positive, FFS! Was feeling dodgy since this afternoon, coughing and achy, tired as f*ck.

Hope you get better soon. 

I tested positive on Thursday morning.

I've woken up today feeling a wee bit better - still coughing like a bastid but the splitting headache has  finally eased a little bit for the first time since Wednesday night and I feel a bit less tired. 

Was having some mad trippy dreams last night - dunno if anyone else had that when they had Covid? 

Edited by Tommok

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

Why didn't you just go the toilet?

Cos a young wannabe stud going to the bog for 10 minutes to stink the place out clearly wasn't the way these 70's chicks liked it. I thought a 30 second guff at 30mph with the windows open would cover my tracks.

Anyway, DD was lovely but deadly.

11 hours ago, smithdown said:

Remember seeing party cans of that being tore open.  Wonder why that idea got killed off - just a massive big tin of ale. Worthington E was another.  

Aye, Jackpot 7 too, mind that was f*cking rank beer.

Anyway, DD was lovely but deadly.

Aye, Jackpot 7 too, mind that was f*cking rank beer.

Watneys Party 7 - that was terrible stuff too. 

Seem to remember those "cans" being a bugger to open too and they regularly used to spray everywhere when you did get it open. 

Edited by Tommok