By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

2 hours ago, Leo No.8 said:

Apparently anyone who has had Covid then dies of something else, it’s recorded as a Covid death in the UK figures. I don’t get that at all.

Yeah, that is bit bonkers. Wales and Scotland aren't doing that. 

And this is why they say they've paused producing death figures so they can stop doing that. 

Though tbh, I don't believe any of the stats aren't being manipulated one way or another. 

2 hours ago, Tommok said:

It's probably hard to say the extent to which Covid-19 exacerbated their symptoms to accelerate their death in many cases but not all obviously. 

If you have to come down on one side of the fence than the other, it's maybe best to say Covid-19 contributed? 

I think if someone recovers from Covid then dies of something else further down the line they should not be included. These figures need to be accurate to plan further easing of lockdown and to me that just factually is not a Covid death.

25 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

I think if someone recovers from Covid then dies of something else further down the line they should not be included. These figures need to be accurate to plan further easing of lockdown and to me that just factually is not a Covid death.

Yeah I agree, in that scenario.

However I'd imagine it's possible for there to be cases where it's not immediately obvious the extent to which it was Covid-19 that "had the final say" in the death so to speak, and I'm guessing if that was the case then going with Covid-19 on the certificate/in the records might be a preferred option. 

Edited by Tommok

Part of the problem is although there's a test to see if someone has it, there's no test to see if someone has fully recovered. An awful lot of people (I read 80% somewhere) of all people that have been in ICU with Covid do not consider themselves fully recovered to this day. Some of them won't ever recover. So it will be contributory cause of death for some years down the line. 

So I donated 560ml of plasma today. They will test it and if it has a high antibody count in it they will use it on covid patients. I was surprised to hear that 560ml will only treat two patients. If it doesn't have a high enough antibody count in it it will still be used as fresh frozen plasma for patients that have suffered massive blood loss.

Its a weird sensation like to have blood taken out then put back in again. It needs to be done at a certain pressure or alarms go off.  On mine was fine being put back in and went off a few times on the extraction.  All good in the end and I was looked after with best care throughout. 

It took them 30 mins to get it out of me. I went to a blood donation centre just outside Manchester city centre. They said bring to something to occupy yourself whilst the blood is being taken out. I got out my souvenir copy of the Echo from when we one the league!! That went down well. Maybe going in there with my scarf and my crown paints retro top was a bad idea too.  

If you've had covid and have the time please go and donate. tel 0300 123 23 23 https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/convalescent-plasma-clinical-trial/

• Like 5
  • Love 3

16 hours ago, Jonesy said:

So I donated 560ml of plasma today. They will test it and if it has a high antibody count in it they will use it on covid patients. I was surprised to hear that 560ml will only treat two patients. If it doesn't have a high enough antibody count in it it will still be used as fresh frozen plasma for patients that have suffered massive blood loss.

Its a weird sensation like to have blood taken out then put back in again. It needs to be done at a certain pressure or alarms go off.  On mine was fine being put back in and went off a few times on the extraction.  All good in the end and I was looked after with best care throughout. 

It took them 30 mins to get it out of me. I went to a blood donation centre just outside Manchester city centre. They said bring to something to occupy yourself whilst the blood is being taken out. I got out my souvenir copy of the Echo from when we one the league!! That went down well. Maybe going in there with my scarf and my crown paints retro top was a bad idea too.  

If you've had covid and have the time please go and donate. tel 0300 123 23 23 https://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/how-you-can-help/convalescent-plasma-clinical-trial/

Good man, Jonesy 

On 16/07/2020 at 17:48, pipnasty said:

Gorilla and The Deaf Institute to close permanently in MCR. I fully expect most if not all of the other venues in the city, including the big ones, to close too. What an absolute f***er

All not lost

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/deaf-institute-gorilla-saved-closure-18630674.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Sainsburys have said that they aren't going to say anything to anybody who doesn't wear a mask.

Staring back at them silently (and not serving them) would be a pretty good way of dealing with them to be honest. 

In playground parlance - "send them to Coventry"

9 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

Sainsburys have said that they aren't going to say anything to anybody who doesn't wear a mask.

There was a fella walking around my local one this morning without one. Could have a condition that makes him exempt (think that is a thing) or could just be a c***, I suppose.

They aren't enjoyable to wear but it is pretty much the least 99.9% of people can do.

Been almost 3 weeks since Wales relaxed its travel restrictions and we're not really seeing a spike in cases yet. Averaging 0.5 deaths per day and 20 new cases since start of July which would be about 10 deaths/400 new cases if the numbers were reflected across the UK

35 minutes ago, kop205 said:

There was a fella walking around my local one this morning without one. Could have a condition that makes him exempt (think that is a thing) or could just be a c***, I suppose.

They aren't enjoyable to wear but it is pretty much the least 99.9% of people can do.

When the mask wearing was made compulsory in Boston i saw one person arguing about it outside the supermarket,pretty much telling each other who was the biggest bitch,not seen anything else since,that was the start of may.No shirt,no shoes no mask no service.