By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

2 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I keep thinking this is a really bad time for labour to be in turmoil and on the verge of lurching right. This crisis gives us an opportunity to point out how and why the 17 & 19 manifestos were completely correct and precisely what the country needed and needs.

Instead of which, with classic labour right lack of public sensitivity and timing, we are likely to elect an absolute wet blanket and start repudiating those exact policies which I believe people are suddenly ready to listen to.

We should be on a war footing right now, but we’re basically letting the government run the agenda, which will continue until the agenda is ‘get ordinary people to pay for all of this for the next 10 years and get all these homeless people back on the streets.’

Labour’s been an effective machine for the sort of change we want about once since WW2. We’re always in crisis by that measure but yeah if we could have the next leader in sync with the ideology of the current we could do something. Having said that I’m not sure that these crises benefit the left particularly. You think “We’ll everyone can see it’s a mess now so things must change” but right populism seems to be less afraid and more able to suggest big changes.

In the north-eastern city of Rimini a man aged 101, identified publicly as only "Mr P", was released from hospital on Thursday after being admitted last week and testing positive for Covid-19.

Gloria Lisi, Rimini's deputy mayor, said that his "truly extraordinary" recovery gave "hope for the future".

"Mr. P made it," she added. "The family brought him home, to teach us that even at 101 years the future is not written."

2 hours ago, LicK said:

All the best Sammy. Glad to hear there's some positive news.

Jarg - I agree completely, but Johnson's personal ratings are fine, which is ridiculous given the shambles he's overseen (Trump's is even more mystifying). You know that if, for example, RLB won it and kicked off on them straight away, all the usual suspects in the media would get the govt's back. Saying it's playing politics at a time of crisis, should be supporting the effort, etc etc.

Yeah I think we just kind of need to be able to tell them their liars straight to their face. People respond to that. Jez was too nice.

4 hours ago, sammy & a said:

My dad felt ill on the Saturday, then recovered and went to church on Sunday and the was hospitalised on Monday so maybe keep an eye on it.

We’re all obviously hyper-aware and people are still getting ill from other stuff.

When I was in A+E there was a woman there in a neck and back brace and it reminded me that there was other stuff going on and I started to worry that everyone wasn’t going to get what they needed as there was so much stress in the system. Can you imagine if this was in the depths of winter

Really glad to hear he’s stable 

Getting better than drastically worse is something I’m seeing - paper in the Lancet suggested the deterioration is due to a large immune response. This is thought to happen when viral load decreases 

5 hours ago, Bailo said:

That's really interesting - same here with Sainsburys. Walked straight in and there were loads of people, noone trying to avoid each other apart from queuing for the checkout, including staff. No chevrons marked out etc.

My mate went shopping in Solihull and couldn't get into two Tescos and an M&S because they were limiting numbers and enforcing spacing.

I went shopping in Solihull yesterday and only had to queue for about five minutes. Depends on the time of day I guess.

24 minutes ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

Really glad to hear he’s stable 

Getting better than drastically worse is something I’m seeing - paper in the Lancet suggested the deterioration is due to a large immune response. This is thought to happen when viral load decreases 

Then or than? (apolz for being dense)

5 hours ago, sammy & a said:

On dialysis as well now as it attacked his kidneys but but but, they put him in the prone position and it is the first time he has responded to anything and a downward trend has been reversed. They’re going to try him again on his back.

Thanks for checking ☺️

fingers, toes & hair crossed for you Sammy. Sounds 'promising'

Edited by Sir Tokyo Sexwale

27 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Then or than? (apolz for being dense)

There's been a couple of FCPG's posts that I've not really fully understood and have really wanted clarifiaction in layman's terms. Bottled it each time. 

1 minute ago, Jarg Armani said:

It seems to be more like a series of peaks and troughs for most people, almost recovered then knackered again for a day or 2. Try not to worry muley.

I think I've got through it, was bad mid week but felt loads better last night, today I didn't wake with a headache for the first time. Cut the grass this morning and am now f***ed. Mrs M is yoyo-ing again, temperature back up high last night but back down again now.

1 minute ago, muleskinner said:

I think I've got through it, was bad mid week but felt loads better last night, today I didn't wake with a headache for the first time. Cut the grass this morning and am now f***ed. Mrs M is yoyo-ing again, temperature back up high last night but back down again now.

That was the same as my mate, went back to work (from home) on Thursday and has been a bit goosed since. He’s alright though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Don’t mean to worry you, apologies if I have

Remember roughly 90% don’t need to go to hospital. Suggest you take it easy and wish you both a speedy recovery 

Edited by Florist Cinema Pond Goal
  • Like 3