By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Coronavirus

Tosh

23 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Great stuff. Did you dad speak to anyone, or is it just obvious it's just a cold with him? 

Ta Swipe.

He's not contacted his GP. He insists he's had this cold for months. No other symptoms. Another brother (I have loads) lives at home with him and is keeping a close eye on him.

5 minutes ago, Case said:

Aussie supermarket (Woolworths I think) implementing arl a*** only shopping hours a couple of times a day. Seems like a simple, intelligent idea. Even better if they time in after restocking.

Think Iceland and a couple of others are doing the same over in the UK, but not sure if nationwide

I've got a mate on Facebook who is desperately trying to prove that Corvid-19 doesn't actually exist and, if it does, it is no more than a common cold and that all of the people who have died so far have not died from it - it's absolutely fascinating watching him lose his s***

Complete lock down here in Geneva from 6pm tonight. 

Popped out for a beer to my local but self isolated outside so I didnt have to sit the the aularse 3 Swiss inside :) (why are they the same the whole world over)

Just had a Samaritan do a food drop for me as I do not have a car here and the local supermarket had precisely zero non perishables like pasta on the shelves. 

21 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Complete lock down here in Geneva from 6pm tonight. 

Popped out for a beer to my local but self isolated outside so I didnt have to sit the the aularse 3 Swiss inside :) (why are they the same the whole world over)

Just had a Samaritan do a food drop for me as I do not have a car here and the local supermarket had precisely zero non perishables like pasta on the shelves. 

How long you stuck there for mate?

Just now, Raj said:

How long you stuck there for mate?

Indefinite at the moment.  Been working from home since end of last week, decided on not going back to the UK re tax reasons this close to April 5th and getting stuck in UK

I am already starting to go a little stir crazy !

44 minutes ago, Case said:

Ta Swipe.

He's not contacted his GP. He insists he's had this cold for months. No other symptoms. Another brother (I have loads) lives at home with him and is keeping a close eye on him.

Good stuff. Same situation as me I think. Think from what I can gather a fever is what to look out for.

6 minutes ago, drdooom said:

Read that the german Big Brother contestants went into the house on Feb 6th and haven't been told anything about what's going on yet. They're the luckiest people in the world right now.

Didn't Charlie brooker do a zombie series based on something similar? 

6 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Having worked from home for 19 months at my previous employers, you'll know it's gone bad when you tell your wife about a conversation you had earlier in the day and then slowly realise that you've not actually picked up the phone and that you were talking to yourself.

2 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Same.

One of my shows is about to be shut down, I think. We've done a lot of due-diligence on filming with a reduced crew/audience, but I think the channel are going to order us to step everyone down until further notice. My team is almost all freelance - we can up their notice period to two weeks from one, but it doesn't feel like nearly enough - god knows when we can resume.

I'm in a weird place of being totally freaked out by all this and sort of hopeful/confident it won't get as bad as some are suggesting.  

Minor point compared to the job impact, but if all telly (and presumably movie) production is shut down and has to stay that way for a few months, Christ knows what we’ll all be watching in a few months time. An old school parade of endless repeats for weeks on end I guess. Something to look forward to.

7 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Having worked from home for 19 months at my previous employers, you'll know it's gone bad when you tell your wife about a conversation you had earlier in the day and then slowly realise that you've not actually picked up the phone and that you were talking to yourself.

".........anyway, the cat then said........."

32 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Indefinite at the moment.  Been working from home since end of last week, decided on not going back to the UK re tax reasons this close to April 5th and getting stuck in UK

Nightmare mate. Keep your chin up

34 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Bloody hell. Hang in there mate.

15 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Minor point compared to the job impact, but if all telly (and presumably movie) production is shut down and has to stay that way for a few months, Christ knows what we’ll all be watching in a few months time. An old school parade of endless repeats for weeks on end I guess. Something to look forward to.

There was a clue on what they replaced MotD with on Saturday. Shoot me now

And I'm guessing if we do get locked down, internet speeds will be like London traffic so streaming services may struggle.

29 minutes ago, Gilps said:

Pretty much. 

Upcoming series of HIGNFY is going to be f*cking weird.

2 hours ago, psl said:

Is that Hypothetical? Enjoyed seeing Charlie Brooker on that.

That's the one.

Brooker was great.

56 minutes ago, Senrab_nhoj said:

Me too. Trying to work while keeping a five-year-old and a nine-year-old from fighting isn't much fun.

They're already talking about extending the lockdown beyond 15 days and my line manager has said she thinks it's likely they'll have to shut things down so job might be about to go. I'm six days away, in theory, from being given a permanent contract!