By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool vs Manchester United, Premier League, Sun 19 Jan 16.30

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Win this and the next two against Wolves and West Ham and surely even the most pessimistic fan will agree its in the bag.

We'd then have the chance to beat Southampton at home on 2nd Feb to go a minimum of 20 clear, with City away at Spurs the next day.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without wishing to be a bit of a negatron - we can't keep winning, can we? I mean there's a reason we're in unprecedented territory here on 20/21 . At some point we'll have a game where it doesn't click going forward, we're tired, we get a red card for something, give away a stupid goal or two, Ref f*cks us

please not this weekend though

without wishing to be a bit of a negatron - we can't keep winning, can we? I mean there's a reason we're in unprecedented territory here on 20/21 . At some point we'll have a game where it doesn't click going forward, we're tired, we get a red card for something, give away a stupid goal or two, Ref f*cks us

Yep and I have been trying to find a way to come to terms with it for when it does happen :)

The last time the gap was 11pts was when City beat Leicester and we were away in Doha. At that stage, there was 54pts for City to play for and we had 57pts. We still had to go to Leicester and Spurs.

If we lose to United (putting it out there just for conversation), then the gap could be 11pts but this time City will only have 42pts to play for and we'll have 45pts.

I was very happy about our lead just before Christmas, if we end up with the same lead after the weekend, it will be with City having 12 less points available to make up the difference and we'll have got Leicester and Spurs away out of the way. Those 2 away games are still in the pot of 42 available to City. 

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

Why not?

I'm planning to live forever, and so far so good

this is where OGAAT comes in useful. All we have to do is win this one. After doing so, this game no longer matters and all we have to do is win the next one. And so on

37-1-0

Ashley Young won’t be playing for them as he has agreed deal with Inter.

Somebody warn Inter before they agree a deal with him !

Still have a soft spot for them since the days of Brehme, Matthaus and Klinsmann. Then the Uruguayans came, Ruben Sosa, Alvaro Recoba.

Toto, Bergkamp, Zanetti, Ronaldo, Baggio.

One of the funniest stories is when Desideri scored a last min equaliser in a game and ran away pointing at the coach (Luis Suarez) and called him an a******* and he had to be restrained by Klinsmann :lol:

There should be a 3 week break for all football between 3rd and 4th round of cup. These week long breaks do my head in. Got used to seeing us regularly and used international breaks to detox from football. Much prefer sprints of games every few days then a break over a game a week.

There's an emerging media narrative ahead of this one that a) United have Klopp's number b) Rashford has Liverpool's number c) United's top three scores more goals than our front three d) United have ended all previous unbeaten runs and will end this one too
Maybe they are just trying to make this one interesting given that the bookies have Liverpool at 1/3

There's an emerging media narrative ahead of this one that a) United have Klopp's number b) Rashford has Liverpool's number c) United's top three scores more goals than our front three d) United have ended all previous unbeaten runs and will end this one too

Maybe they are just trying to make this one interesting given that the bookies have Liverpool at 1/3

Not sure I have seen a) and b) but I am seeing loads c) and not heard of d)

I did look at the odds and United are 7/1.

To put that into context, Sheffield United are away to Arsenal and they are 7/2 so twice more likely for them to win at Arsenal than United at Anfield (in the bookmaking world).

Last time at Old Trafford he went 5-3-2

AWB Lindelof Maguire Rojo Young

McTominay Pereira Fred

James Rashford

Front 2 operated wide and had 4 touches in the box - that said, James squared to Rashford for their goal (acknowledging Martin Atkinson didnt blow for a foul)

Salah missed that game so the front 3 was Mane moved from left to right and Origi on the right.

Cheers Rory

Wonder does Martial take James place or does he go with all three?

No Young, McTominay or Rojo either - wouldn't be surprised if Bailly comes into a back 3/5 though

I thought back 3/5 too but Bailly hasn’t played in ages and the other option is Jones. If he does go that system the you think he has to drop one of James/Rashford/Martial.

He went 4231 at City so not unheard of.

Press conferences are today aren’t they ?

Saw an article saying we will have a welcome for the coach. They don’t deserve one now. Firstly, they are irrelevant. Secondly, it’s united. If it was relevant, it wouldn’t be effective.

They’re not city. Just smash them on the field and save the welcomes for the teams that matter