Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Liverpool vs Manchester United, Premier League, Sun 19 Jan 16.30

Lol, completely wrong game. Save that for 2nd leg of the semi.

A straight defeat after extra time will do. Ideally after a 119 minute winner from wolves.

I’d like united to win 2-0 today and then go out after extra time.

That would be great but I think they would be unhappy about it.

:lol: was totally lost there

Edited by t1971

A straight defeat after extra time will do. Ideally after a 119 minute winner from wolves.

If they win the second leg 2-0 it goes straight to pens. Edited by Hightown Phil

I was happier last week when I thought Maguire would miss this as it upsets their back line massively and reduces their options for a 5 man back line.

For Rashford, he’s scored 14 goals and the rest of the team scored 21 goals so no harm to have him missing.

5 were penalties for those asking ;)

I hope their best players play so they come out thinking they stand a chance.

Solskjaer is fearing for his job and is petrified with this game after being humiliated at home by City and a 2nd led to come.

He’ll be mad to think his good attacking players can outweigh a practical team plan. We’re dominating possession so he needs a plan to be stealthy on the break and ruthless with the few chances they get.

Solskjaer is fearing for his job and is petrified with this game after being humiliated at home by City and a 2nd led to come.

He’ll be mad to think his good attacking players can outweigh a practical team plan. We’re dominating possession so he needs a plan to be stealthy on the break and ruthless with the few chances they get.

Hopefully he'll use similar tactics to what they did against city and won there, thinking that it'll work against us as well

Hopefully he'll use similar tactics to what they did against city and won there, thinking that it'll work against us as well

I was away with my wife and kids that weekend. I had my laptop and the hotel we were in up in Northern Ireland, didnt have SkySports, so I tried to watch it on my LapTop.

He went 4-2-3-1 it seems 

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

James Lingard Rashford

Martial

Had a look back at a short highlights reel from City's website (might show more of City's chances) and United didn't seem to overload the defence. A couple of times, Daniel James looked disinterested in the 2nd half in defending the right side. There was one occasion United hoofed a ball clear and there is Martial on the halfway line, 30 yards away from the action looking to chase the ball down. It didnt have the feel of a 6-man backline with wide players tucking in. 

Left Back is an interesting one - Luke Shaw came back start of December after 10 games out with a hamstring injury. He is a doubt for this after playing 1 of the last 3 games. Brandon Williams came in for him and they have Ashley Young who has started 2 of the last 8 Premier League games.

I am not sure he can play a back 3/5 for this game as Rojo and Bailly are injured which leaves Phil Jones as the only viable 3rd CB.

AWB Maguire Lindelof [Shaw, Williams, Young]

Matic Fred

James [Mata, Pereira, Lingard] Rashford*

Martial

*Young could be played as RM or LM to provide cover and push Rashford further forward