Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Liverpool vs Manchester United, Premier League, Sun 19 Jan 16.30

I'd really like to hear a formal justification for that. Because by the rules they've stated, it shouldn't have been allowed. Ref saw it, allowed play to continue, and then gave the goal. 

So VAR overruled the on-pitch referee even though it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Perfect opportunity for the referee to check it on the pitchside monitor and back up his original call.

The joke didn't even make sense

Having said that, I hate seeing people lose their jobs/livelihood over stuff like this, don't like that side of twitter

Probably shouldn't lose his job, but people need to realise they aren't actually hiding behind a screen anymore. And that's a good thing.

Can't really feel too hard done by about there being fallout from acting like a loud utter cvnt in the public square.

This hounding people out of their jobs for saying something in bad taste is a bit ridiculous.

Society is broken isn't it. What happened to all of these horrible f***s? Has social media made them like this or just exposed the rest of us to it?

I think it's the latter, people in the public eye have always received horrible mail etc. but it was more difficult to do.

This hounding people out of their jobs for saying something in bad taste is a bit ridiculous.

Aye Only a couple of weeks back people were being sympathetic to Madley losing his job over a social media faux pas

Aye Only a couple of weeks back people were being sympathetic to Madley losing his job over a social media faux pas

That wasn't social media was it but a private joke to a friend. The unfortunate subject of that comment didn't hear and wouldnt have been offended by it. At least that's as I recall.

This is loads worse.

Society is broken isn't it. What happened to all of these horrible f***s? Has social media made them like this or just exposed the rest of us to it?

Its exposed bellends that were already there cos they can be brave now they don't have to be face to face. Personally I dont believe anyone should put something on twitter that you wouldnt say to someones face

That wasn't social media was it but a private joke to a friend. The unfortunate subject of that comment didn't hear and wouldnt have been offended by it. At least that's as I recall.

This is loads worse.

Well we don't what the joke was tbh

Not defending this guy, he's an idiot and this was clearly over the line, but just don't like people being hounded out of work because of a mistake like this

Not defending this guy, he's an idiot and this was clearly over the line, but just don't like people being hounded out of work because of a mistake like this

I'd give decent odds that if you had a look at his T/L you'd find "mistake" after "mistake" like this

I thought we did know. Thought he admitted to it. Can't remember it now though.

My job is to mitigate for people a lot of the time and I generally find myself thinking along those lines but I still find it hard to have too much sympathy for a guy who will use the loss of a man's young wife to take the piss in relation to football.

Edited by psl

He's clearly a d****ead. Imagine his employers have been waiting for an excuse to bin him off for ages.

I thought we did know. Thought he admitted to it. Can't remember it now though.

Madley said exactly what his post contained in his apology blog post. It was s*** and he shouldn't have said it to anyone - but remember it was said in a text to a mate who then blackmailed him with it.

he sent a video of someone with a disability with the comment along the lines of  'don't think I am coming last in the father's race this year' taken just before his kid's sports day or some such

I think it's the latter, people in the public eye have always received horrible mail etc. but it was more difficult to do.

Yeah. Remember having to cut letters out of different magazines and buying those special gloves do there were no fingerprints.

Back to the match... this is pretty good (for F365) (apologies if Romario):

16-conclusions from liverpool-2-0

"But then that is the nature of trying to beat this particular game of whack-a-mole. Whereas Manchester City’s strength at their peak was the almost mechanic way of scoring the exact same goal – dragging opponents out of position before a wide forward squares it for a teammate to score from six yards – Liverpool are the exact opposite. They have so many different ways of inflicting pain and pressure that succumbing to one of them is inevitable.

It could be a Firmino flick, some Salah magic, a sudden burst and finish from Mane, Divock Origi tripping over his own shoelaces and accidentally arsing it in or Georginio Wijnaldum finishing a sublime team move. It could come from a press, a counter-press, a Gegenpress or just some impressive skill. The only certainty is that it will happen...

You can cover as many holes as you like but you will run out of plugs long before they run out of ideas."

You can cover as many holes as you like but you will run out of plugs long before they run out of ideas."

I beg to differ

Jordan: "I thought it had to be clear" - Yep, youre not wrong there.

Love these behind the scenes. This one was especially good. 

ah - that's what he said

I'd really like to hear a formal justification for that. Because by the rules they've stated, it shouldn't have been allowed. Ref saw it, allowed play to continue, and then gave the goal. 

Hands up if you're still buzzing off Sunday. Really great feeling. 

he did put his whistle to his mouth and then when the ball dropped to them took it away

still a goal though