Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Liverpool vs Manchester United, Premier League, Sun 19 Jan 16.30

Craig Pawson to take charge of #LFC's visit from Manchester United this Sunday.

VAR will be Paul Tierney.

Haven't had Pawson since last March, when he gave us a late penalty to defeat Fulham.

He was ref when we played United away in March 2018 when they won 2-1 through Rashford and Mané wasn't given a penalty after being Fellainied in the area.

Haven't had Pawson since last March, when he gave us a late penalty to defeat Fulham.

He was ref when we played United away in March 2018 when they won 2-1 through Rashford and Mané wasn't given a penalty after being Fellainied in the area.

Oh and he gave that Calvert-Lewin hand on back pen in December 2017.

You can't expect a Premier League referee to give penalties to the away team at Old Trafford. He's not  f***ing magician, like.

You can't expect a Premier League referee to give penalties to the away team at Old Trafford. He's not f***ing magician, like.

Milner score one there in 2017 we got one under Hodgson and a tonne in one game with Rodgers. Murphy scores one there too.

aye but wasn't there a period where they didn't concede a home penalty for like 5 years? 

Or was it Howard Webb never awarded a peno against them? 

Some s**** like

There probably have been periods where they were the best team that the opposition struggled to win pens. Yes.

It’s just an article relevant to the conversation

I’ve not signed up to a year’s subscription

Every click on those sites gives them ad revenue. At least C&P the article if you're going to post it.

In other news, Jurgen reckons Matip, Lovren and Fabinho are in the mix for this. Sounds like they won't all be quite ready but more likely for Wolves

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/382492-jurgen-klopp-on-man-united-build-up

Excellent, we play the 4th round of the FA Cup on Sunday 26th (Live on BBC), so Gomez and VVD could both get a rest.

It will be great having Fabinho back - improves the quality of rotation in midfield.

Excellent, we play the 4th round of the FA Cup on Sunday 26th (Live on BBC), so Gomez and VVD could both get a rest.

It will be great having Fabinho back - improves the quality of rotation in midfield.

We've ridden this run of injuries really well.

They key is having a squad that are able to adapt - everyone laughed at Lallana playing holding mid in pre-season but it's meant he's been able to fill in there in a few games against lesser opposition like Everton in the Cup and Everton in the League

Full credit to Jurgen

He's played centre mid but, i.m.o, hasn't played as a holding mid in a league game

We had a tricky run of fixtures and the staff anticipated the oppo tactics each time and the team selection was ideal for each fixture

Edited by Earl Hafler

He's played centre mid but, i.m.o, hasn't played as a holding mid in a league game

We had a tricky run of fixtures and the staff anticipated the oppo tactics each time and the team selection was ideal for each fixture

Thought he played there against Everton in the League? Gini and Milner were the other two and I don't remember either of them holding.

I know it was Chirivella in the cup, BTW - artistic licence...

In the 5-2? I wouldn't have classed that as a holding role but still, we've rarely looked more vulnerable than during that first half

We've ridden this run of injuries really well.

They key is having a squad that are able to adapt - everyone laughed at Lallana playing holding mid in pre-season but it's meant he's been able to fill in there in a few games against lesser opposition like Everton in the Cup and Everton in the League

Full credit to Jurgen

I could be wrong but I think he only played that role v MK Dons and Villa

EDIT: should have read all the following answers

Edited by sammy & a

He looks great. Has been linked with us in the past.

The fact that he has flopped in italy once already, and all big clubs looked at him in the summer and decided against signing him, suggests that he's not as great as he is being made out to be

Really is about time that Mo scores against this lot.

Best get 3 to make up for previous games.

In fairness to the Norwegian Hodgson, he got his tactics spot on in the return match. I'd expect they'll go all out counter attack with Rashford and James/Martial playing between TAA and Gomez and VVD and Robbo. Otherwise, they really are a poor team. Wonder if he might double up on Mané like Mourinho did. Maybe their full back who is better than Trent with another like Ashley Young ahead.

Still do - ManU, Wolves (A), a resurgent Moyesiah....ok, maybe not the last one

Think it’ll be a front 3 with rashford martial and James then a solid midfield 3 of pereira matic Fred who will be instructed to get the ball forward into the channels at the first opportunity. Their back 4 will just defend the 18 yard line