By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Podcasts

cymrococh

Can't agree with that. While Michael Owen was good until that injury in Leeds, Mbappe is on another level, ha has pace, strenght and a wee bit more football smartness than Owen.

Owen won the Ballon D’Or at the age Mbappe is now

Think people forget how brilliant he was cos he f***ed his career up so badly

Edited by Cobs

Owen won the Ballon D’Or at the age Mbappe is now

Think people forget how brilliant he was cos he f***ed his career up so badly

I'm definitely guilty of that. Listening to the episode made me remember how i felt coming out of the ground after i saw him make his first start, or when i saw him score a hattrick a few days after his england debut. Thought we had a world beater on our hands.

Just such a shame how it all panned out - on the decline from 19 then a series of poor career decisions ruined his legacy

Edited by Atticus Finch

Just tried to listen to the Michael Owen episode, had to turn it off. Irrespective of his football career, he’s just such a bellend.

I thought I’d have to turn it off but I didn’t. Just thought about how he’s a bellend all the way through and wondered where on earth he bought that accent.

I've been watching a lot of highlights from our mid/late 90's games (plenty on youtube if anyone is looking) and Owen really was something else. Without the hamstring issue (5 months he was out with that) which cut short his pace, and destroyed his confidence, we would probably be talking about the greatest england player ever.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...