Sign in to follow this  
Gethin

Aston Villa FC v Liverpool FC - 2nd November - 3pm (PL)

50 frames per sec. 1 frame every .02 secs. A player at 30kmh can move more than 16cm in one frame. (Virgil was clocked doing 34.5km/h in the CL last year)

The ball can move at 80 kmh.  Trying to capture the moment the ball was kicked is vague at best. Trying to say where players were at that exact moment is pure guesswork.

People are saying they're using high-speed cameras (i.e. far greater that 50fps), but I've seen no real evidence of this other than "duh, of course they are because these cameras exist". 

But even if that were the case then as you say, determining when the ball is kicked is pretty subjective anyway. Is it the point the player makes contact with the ball or the point the ball leaves the foot?

I know it’s just me on this one but this was the greatest game of the decade and I will physically fight anyone who disagrees with me.

I know it’s just me on this one but this was the greatest game of the decade and I will physically fight anyone who disagrees with me.

No, I was telling a friend of mine (city fan too) that if we do win it, this was the moment.

No, I was telling a friend of mine (city fan too) that if we do win it, this was the moment.

I was watching at the TV but seeing the league table. We had City the following week and were 6pts ahead. 

We were both losing 1-0 at half time so the gap was preserved. City equalised in 70mins and if they dont get a winner then the damage is limited if we dont win.

City then go and get a second in early 80-mins and I'm contemplating being 3pts ahead with City at home the following week - with potential to lose and be 2nd going into the international break on goal difference.

Those goals were massive - I was half celebrating Robertson's goal before he even headed it because you could see the trajectory of the ball and his run were both perfect. 

Preserving that 6pt lead and extending it against City the following week to 9pts at the international break was big.

Was it the only fixture where us and City played at the same time ?

The week after as well

I had my thumb and forefinger on my chin for a moment reading your response :lol:

Apologies. It was so Dad but I couldn’t stop myself.

Just to reiterate what has been said before, this really was the key game. Those two late goals after City were looking like going 3 behind just before coming to Anfield.

The 2nd half of the charity shield was also significant.

Edited by psl