Sign in to follow this  
New York Red

Stadium Expansion

As in they could sell another 20,000. Did not ask the details, but was said twice in two different conversations with two different people working for the club.

Given how hard it is to get tickets I think most people could believe it

Oh yeah I believe it... Just interested that's all

They could sell out 70k easily

The stress involved in getting tickets hasn't eased that much since from before the new main stand though to be honest, but I guess the Klopp years countered it and increased interest

Once this current stand done, we’ll have paid off the main stand I think, redid the training grounds and lots more. The only thing left at that stage will be bigger ground.

I’m assuming Kenny’s stand will be next after that? Only because the Kop will be hardest to do right?

As I understand it, no more stands can get done unless they knock down several streets and sort the transport issues out - neither of which are that likely to happen?

Yeah. It talks about an effort t have the World Cup Final in the north of England. Preferably in Liverpool. Because the north is the world epicenter of football. It talks about infrastructure investments and stadium expansion too.

Yeah. It talks about an effort t have the World Cup Final in the north of England. Preferably in Liverpool. Because the north is the world epicenter of football. It talks about infrastructure investments and stadium expansion too.

Is the pitch not too small to match international standards anyway?

Yes. It's too short.

Good! Whenever the Ireland v France WC play-off was played at Anfield, I feared it was going to become the norm of having internationals there.

I still recall that Wales-Scotland game back in the day. One of the best Anfield nights ever for atmosphere.

Why wouldn't we want international games played at Anfield?

I still recall that Wales-Scotland game back in the day. One of the best Anfield nights ever for atmosphere.

When Wales got robbed. I remember.

Tory govt won’t let anything good happen in a place which didn’t vote Tory.

A great idea, with no chance of happening, given the blerts in London. 

There's not a chance they'd give the final to a stadium in the north and even if they did it'd be Old Trafford. A World Cup bid could be a way to get someone else pay for the transport links though.

Our pitch isnt big enough to host international matches. Technically its not big enough for the champs league either. We have to have annual special dispensation to host the games.

Our pitch isnt big enough to host international matches. Technically its not big enough for the champs league either. We have to have annual special dispensation to host the games.

It’s wide enough (just) but 4m too short. If it’s enough of an issue, you’d think it could be sorted when they redo the Anny Road

It’s wide enough (just) but 4m too short. If it’s enough of an issue, you’d think it could be sorted when they redo the Anny Road

I just had that same thought. When is the part of the planning where folks can ask questions? I’m gonna ask them.

For the same reason I wouldn't want concerts, or American football, or rugby, or anything like these. Yes, I know they are lucrative, but, sod that! We're not that desperate for the money.

Yes, I'm an elitist snob...

Anyway, the pitch is too small, so it's a moot point.