Sign in to follow this  
New York Red

Stadium Expansion

61k would be a letdown. An additional 10k would seem ambitious enough but even that wouldn’t satisfy demand.

Without buying up two rows of houses behind the SKD stand, re-routing Walton Breck Road, and getting a new train station, that isn’t going to happen mate.

Without buying up two rows of houses behind the SKD stand, re-routing Walton Breck Road, and getting a new train station, that isn’t going to happen mate.

those houses, even (and justifiably) purchased at a massive premium, are worth around £10mm

so it's no biggie

those houses, even (and justifiably) purchased at a massive premium, are worth around £10mm

so it's no biggie

It’s a political quagmire though isn’t it? I suppose it’s worth looking at though. We’d be in a very different position now if we owned them. 

I don’t know why they sold them off. Owning them and renting them out seemed to be a no-brainer. We must have been cash poor.

Two things. Does anyone know if:

1. The club still have a purchase option on the houses on Skerries Road that they used to own?

2. Is the angle of the lower tier of the SKD stand lower than the angle of the lower tier of the Main?

The SKD lower is built in such a way it would be illegal to build now, dunno what you mean by angle.

Fairly sure there’s no option on the houses.

Shared a season ticket for 2 seasons in the SKD lower. For anyone over 5’8’’ it’s absolute murder on the knees.

The SKD lower is built in such a way it would be illegal to build now, dunno what you mean by angle.

Fairly sure there’s no option on the houses.

It looks like the lower tier of the SKD is steeper than the Main. But that may just be a camera angle.

That stand is strange. The capacity is small for such a fairly large structure and yet you say that the leg room is terrible. It sounds like the overall design is bad.

It looks like the lower tier of the SKD is steeper than the Main. But that may just be a camera angle.

That stand is strange. The capacity is small for such a fairly large structure and yet you say that the leg room is terrible. It sounds like the overall design is bad.

You should give them a shout and let them know.

Shared a season ticket for 2 seasons in the SKD lower. For anyone over 5’8’’ it’s absolute murder on the knees.

I can confirm. This is why I would put the SKD first, ahead of the Anfield Road end. Even if it can't be rebuilt - just make it a smaller capacity, take some seats out. Or just get rid of row 21 for the sake of my knees.

And the two blokes to my right & the woman behind for the sake of my ears.

The previous planning permission was restricted to 60k because of the poor transport/no train link. If we want more thank 60k, We need the train line open, or a charge of heart from the council

So back to the train line then ;)

There doesn't seem to be one in the short to medium term. They can't reroute the Walton Breck Rd but I wonder if there's any way they could add a few thousand seats by expanding backwards on the main stand size of the Kop where there's a bit more room behind it. It'd make the stand lopsided but that's how it was when it was a terrace. FSG made a load of small incremental changes to Fenway's capacity when they took them over so it might be something they'd consider.

I can confirm. This is why I would put the SKD first, ahead of the Anfield Road end. Even if it can't be rebuilt - just make it a smaller capacity, take some seats out. Or just get rid of row 21 for the sake of my knees.

And the two blokes to my right & the woman behind for the sake of my ears.

You're only 7 rows in front of me.

so it's no biggie

Why not ask the council to allocate some redevelopment land and the club build some shiny new houses on it to replace those coming down, is that a possibility (No idea on the costings)?

You're only 7 rows in front of me.

Why not ask the council to allocate some redevelopment land and the club build some shiny new houses on it to replace those coming down, is that a possibility (No idea on the costings)?

Yes

Piece of piss

But LCC doesn’t have the desire, competency or funding (to employ either very able people or the equivalent of moneyballers to spot and recruit talent) to see such a process through

Had a couple of trips to Liverpool over the holidays, taking in the stadium tour again and then getting the youngest to his first competitive game.

Was told by at least two people “representing” the club that they reckon they are effectively turning away 20,000 for each game ATM. Seemed to be “official” figures they way they were quoting the number

Had a couple of trips to Liverpool over the holidays, taking in the stadium tour again and then getting the youngest to his first competitive game.

Was told by at least two people “representing” the club that they reckon they are effectively turning away 20,000 for each game ATM. Seemed to be “official” figures they way they were quoting the number

Turning 20k per game away but increase the capacity by only another 6/7k?

At what point are they turning them away? They getting those numbers off website/ticket page hits?

As in they could sell another 20,000. Did not ask the details, but was said twice in two different conversations with two different people working for the club.

Given how hard it is to get tickets I think most people could believe it