your DIY skills

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have any good tips for bathroom sealant. I need to reseal around my bath and the last time I tried to do it, it looked like I'd sprayed it on from about 6 feet away.

I fill the bath with water before I do it so that wen you get in the bath for the first time afterwards it doesnt stretch past where its already been

Does anyone have any good tips for bathroom sealant. I need to reseal around my bath and the last time I tried to do it, it looked like I'd sprayed it on from about 6 feet away.

Wear latex gloves when smoothing it out. Use the disposable ones and have plenty available.

Filling the bath and using masking tape? Is the final section of the video where a 5 year old comes in and does the work?

FFS.

Molby is somewhere striking your name off a list of suitable house slaves... Edited by DPD1973
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife is over in England for a couple of months. I have a list of projects to get started. Removing wallpaper in our 3 bathrooms is number 1. 2 down as of today. I also tried my hand at filling in all the screw holes. I was reminded that they need sanding when they are totally dry.

The bachelor life has its benefits though. All the sport on tv I could ever want, including rugby at ridiculous times of the day.

I had a really productive weekend (Mrs.C was away with her mates) - built some supports for my raspberry bushes, paved around my compost bins, put up a clothes rail in my daughter's bedroom, bottled up some rhubarb & ginger gin that I had brewing away for the last few months, made a new batch of damson gin, took a load of garden rubbish to the tip. And managed to fit in two sessions at the pub. Niice.

Got the top layer of wallpaper off in the main bathroom. Got shut of all the old towel rails, bog roll holder etc. My mate is coming over to help me patch a couple of holes in the drywall once the 2nd layer of paper is down. Apparently it's a job that needs patience and finesse. Neither are on my list of DIY skills.

Mrs P was drilling a hole in a piece of wood and asks me to hold the wood. She finishes the hole and as the drill comes out, she loses control of it and flails around with it like Leatherface before catching me on the finger and taking a load of skin off me. She immediately tells me that I need to be more careful in the future.

Mrs P was drilling a hole in a piece of wood and asks me to hold the wood. She finishes the hole and as the drill comes out, she loses control of it and flails around with it like Leatherface before catching me on the finger and taking a load of skin off me. She immediately tells me that I need to be more careful in the future.

haha 

I can relate to this kind of s***  :D