Sign in to follow this  
Hassony

Welcome Adrian

Never a pen.

Can only assume that there is a different setup for VAR in Europe than in the league.

They were only every gonna overrule the ref tonight if they absolutely couldn't avoid having to do so.

Yeah biggest night of his footballing career, happy for him, also two shootouts in a little more than 10 days, who knows, we may reap bigger benefits from those experiences later in the CL.

From Wiki:

In an FA Cup third-round replay penalty shootout against Everton on 13 January 2015, Adrián saved from Steven Naismith. The shootout went to sudden death, in which he scored the winner after his Everton counterpart, compatriot Joel, struck the crossbar.[22] Despite having never taken a competitive penalty before, he was so confident he would score and win the match that he removed his goalkeeping gloves before taking it – his team won it 9–8

Legend!!

Watching the highlights again, Adrian actually made 4 really good saves during the match, in addition to the penalty save

We would have lost that if Mings was in goal

Watching the highlights again, Adrian actually made 4 really good saves during the match, in addition to the penalty save

We would have lost that if Mings was in goal

On first impression it looks like he's not far off Alisson in terms of shot stopping, reasonable with the ball at his feet & not bad - but not as good at distribution (who is?). In short he's a big upgrade as a #2 on Mignolet.

I thought Adrian did well.

Reminded me of Alisson on Lingard when he came out at their player's feet.

Think he was unlucky on the pen decision too.

On first impression it looks like he's not far off Alisson in terms of shot stopping, reasonable with the ball at his feet & not bad - but not as good at distribution (who is?). In short he's a big upgrade as a #2 on Mignolet.

Going by the match thread he was the worst keeper we’ve had in years up to the penalty shoot out

I thought Adrian did well.

Reminded me of Alisson on Lingard when he came out at their player's feet.

Think he was unlucky on the pen decision too.

unlucky? Everything about the call was wrong

Thought he looked pretty average tbh. Not mignolet s***e, but ordinary. His kicking was awful.

Still, early days. And hopefully we won't need to call on him for too long.

Thought he looked pretty average tbh. Not mignolet s****, but ordinary. His kicking was awful.

Made 4 top saves though

He's not top class, but he did his job well last night

Hopefully Alisson is back ASAP

for once (as of now) the Int'l break helps us

6-8 weeks should be worst case - I tore my calf in 2013 & couldn't walk, was on crutches for 3 weeks and still ran a half marathon 10 weeks after doing it, and I'm sure he's getting better medical than I did, so assume late Sept - he'll miss

4 weeks

Southampton

Arsenal (H)

Burnley (A)

6 weeks

Newcastle (H)

8 weeks

Chelsea (A) on 22nd Sept he could be back, if not then misses that, Sheff U away

and back for Leicester on 5 Oct

Thought he looked pretty average tbh. Not mignolet s****, but ordinary. His kicking was awful.

An ordinary top flight keeper is fine for a short term fix I reckon. He looks better than Mignolet and a great lad to boot. Chatting to a WHU fan who said that he was incredibly popular there with both players and fans - really bought into the local culture, big with charities etc. Think that goes a long way with Klopp.

I think Adrián looks like he struggles to get down to low shots

Yeah the disallowed goal. Looked like Joe Hart going down there.

No blame for first goal really but some keepers have a different mindset in that situation.

De Gea saves that with his foot.

No blame for first goal really but some keepers have a different mindset in that situation.

De Gea saves that with his foot.

Alisson would have been much closer to Giroud

But this is comparing him with 2 out of the top 5 keepers in the world

An ordinary top flight keeper is fine for a short term fix I reckon. He looks better than Mignolet and a great lad to boot. Chatting to a WHU fan who said that he was incredibly popular there with both players and fans - really bought into the local culture, big with charities etc. Think that goes a long way with Klopp.

Yeah all fair. As someone else said the other day, we've been spoilt with Alisson. We've gone from a pair of clowns to literally one of the best keepers in the world. 

It's like experiencing business class then being booted back to economy.