• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All too clearly

Kelleher eager to seize his chance -

That first comes about because he gives a corner away due to being surprised Calvert-Lewin can kick the ball. He’s a s*** w***er and I’m not getting sucked into some argument about which quartile

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

1st could go either way - 2nd no way

I think a better keeper might saved the second, I think the first isn't really to do with how good you are, it's just about blind luck cos you only save it really if it hits you and even then there'd be a fairly good chance someone taps in a rebound. 

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

I think a better keeper might saved the second, I think the first isn't really to do with how good you are, it's just about blind luck cos you only save it really if it hits you and even then there'd be a fairly good chance someone taps in a rebound. 

Rubbish. We've all seen keepers save those through talent, not luck. 

I'm worried about Gomez. Short term, he hasn't played consistently well since early last season; long term, he's weak in the air and his anticipation is often mediocre - it's his pace in recovery which is the highlight. 

Just now, Earl Hafler said:

Rubbish. We've all seen keepers save those through talent, not luck. 

I'm worried about Gomez. Short term, he hasn't played consistently well since early last season; long term, he's weak in the air and his anticipation is often mediocre - it's his pace in recovery which is the highlight. 

It was a bullet header from about 5 yards out. There simply isn't the reaction time to get your hands from where they should be to where the ball was and do anything meaningful that you're in control of. 

3 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

It was a bullet header from about 5 yards out. There simply isn't the reaction time to get your hands from where they should be to where the ball was and do anything meaningful that you're in control of. 

So you've never seen keepers react to those? 

There's probably hundreds of videos of them on YouTube 

Edited by Earl Hafler

Some lad who seemed to know about the alisson injury before it was confirmed said on Twitter yesterday he’ll be back by the end of the month. 

Him walking out to face West Ham on Halloween, dressed as a vampire, would be very welcome.

Adrian can then be locked in a tomb until we can get rid. 

Edited by Swipe
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

So you've never seen keepers react to those? 

There's probably hundreds of videos of them on YouTube 

I haven't seen them with particular regularity from goalkeepers everyone also accepts are s*** and I wouldn't have expected Alisson to save that header either anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I haven't seen them with particular regularity from goalkeepers everyone also accepts are s*** and I wouldn't have expected Alisson to save that header either anyway. 

" There simply isn't the reaction time to get your hands from where they should be to where the ball was and do anything meaningful that you're in control of" 

That's a hot take from the Kellyanne Conway book of alternative facts; saying we don't see them often from mediocre keepers is a different statement 

21 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Some lad who seemed to know about the alisson injury before it was confirmed said on Twitter yesterday he’ll be back by the end of the month. 

Him walking out to face West Ham on Halloween, dressed as a vampire, would be very welcome.

Adrian can then be locked in a tomb until we can get rid. 

Imagine Adrian facing West Ham on Halloween. He'd start disappearing like Marty in Back To The Future 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, psl said:

He definitely could have saved the first one. Would have been a good save obviously.

Any top class keeper would have saved it, even Karius, although he would have parried it straight to an Everton player 

4 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

" There simply isn't the reaction time to get your hands from where they should be to where the ball was and do anything meaningful that you're in control of" 

That's a hot take from the Kellyanne Conway book of alternative facts; saying we don't see them often from mediocre keepers is a different statement 

In the space of five yards he has to get his hands up from by his side (where they should be), to above his head, while being able to direct the ball safe. There simply isn't time to do all tat with the power the ball travelled. If you think there is then great, we'll have to disagree. It would have been in line for save of the season if he or any keeper would have saved it, hence why I'm not too fussed. 

2 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

In the space of five yards he has to get his hands up from by his side (where they should be), to above his head, while being able to direct the ball safe. There simply isn't time to do all tat with the power the ball travelled. If you think there is then great, we'll have to disagree. It would have been in line for save of the season if he or any keeper would have saved it, hence why I'm not too fussed. 

I definitely disagree with this. Didn't need Superman, Pickford could well have saved it.

Whatever percentage Alisson is a better keeper than Adrian is how much more likely it is he would've saved those 2 Everton goals

Not to mention the confidence the defence have in him to use as sweeper and play out

Also Adrian is playing with fear, further degrading his confidence and whatever talent caused us to scout and sign him in the first place. All that performative shouting and "come on lads" he was doing yesterday was annoying in the extreme