By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2019/2020

psl

1 hour ago, Sion said:

What are peeps doing about their membership this year? 

Seems daft to pay 27 quid if every game is behind closed doors. But I don't want to lose out on an auto cup if it happens. 

it's like insurance

you have to pay it even if you don't get ill

5 hours ago, Sion said:

What are peeps doing about their membership this year? 

Seems daft to pay 27 quid if every game is behind closed doors. But I don't want to lose out on an auto cup if it happens. 

Its been postponed to September anyway.

Take your auto renew off and make a decision later

Quote from Jurgen today when asked about fringe players playing;

'They are so close, they are really good. And they are our future, 100%. But they will not play now because I want to see them in a Premier League game.

We don’t give Premier League games as Christmas presents. We cannot do that.

We have to make sure that the best XI on that day are on the pitch.'

1 hour ago, psl said:

Quote from Jurgen today when asked about fringe players playing;

'They are so close, they are really good. And they are our future, 100%. But they will not play now because I want to see them in a Premier League game.

We don’t give Premier League games as Christmas presents. We cannot do that.

We have to make sure that the best XI on that day are on the pitch.'

He’s not gonna give Fowler a game then?

arl a*** 

8 hours ago, Sion said:

Seeing the scenes in places like Soho tonight. How is that any different than fans at a football match? It literally looks like outside the ground before a game. 

It isn’t any different. Anderson is just a bitter c*nt if we’re honest. 

1 hour ago, psl said:

Finding it hard to understand why pubs and cinemas can reopen but theatres can't. But I guess that's not for this thread.

Much less margin of profit for theatres per seat. So it's not viable under current restrictions. That's before you get into all the issues with actually staging a production.

Edited by D.Boon

33 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Much less margin of profit for theatres per seat. So it's not viable under current restrictions. That's before you get into all the issues with actually staging a production.

I'd assumed it was to do with it being 'live performance', so same as no gigs, no singing in church, stuff like that.

There are rules about no singing,  but the bottom line is the bottom line. Even if you go with 1m distancing rather than 2m, the vast majority of theatres can only seat about 30-35% capacity, and need at least 60% to break even.
There have been a couple of shows announced doing 'social distancing' (including one produced by Bill Kenwright) but nobody I know understands exactly how they think they're going to deal with all the other problems (including insurance) let alone be financially viable.

(I work in theatre by the way - D. Boon the same?)

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

Shouldn't this be for the Theatre to decide though?

Most regional theatres are entirely dependent upon touring shows from Kenwright and the likes. They aren't capable of mounting a show even if they wanted to. Most of their profit comes from booking fees, drinks and food. Kenwright isn't sending a show out at a loss so the whole industry will grind to a halt untill capacity can increase. The only theatres who can possibly function are the massively subsidised rep theatres like the National and as I said they still have to work out the practicality of actually producing and performing safely.

1 hour ago, LicK said:

I work in theatre by the way - D. Boon the same?

For about 20 years but changed jobs a few years ago. Hugely worrying times with many theatres already going under. Good luck to you.

Edited by D.Boon

13 minutes ago, D.Boon said:

Most regional theatres are entirely dependent upon touring shows from Kenwright and the likes. They aren't capable of mounting a show even if they wanted to. Most of their profit comes from booking fees, drinks and food. Kenwright isn't sending a show out at a loss so the whole industry will grind to a halt untill capacity can increase. The only theatres who can possibly function are the massively subsidised rep theatres like the National and as I said they still have to work out the practicality of actually producing and performing safely.

Sorry I meant more in terms of profitability being a choice for the theatre to make as opposed to the government making it for them.