By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2019/2020

psl

3 hours ago, muleskinner said:

How is Tommy? Not seen him around here for a bit.

He’s fine and sends his best. He says he’s avoiding football completely at the moment – not even watched any highlights!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

It’s really nice to have new people. I don’t really know how to handle this. I want to say hi but I don’t want them to think that we’re needy and not cool which will make then leave.

You should say hello, you’re everyone’s favourite, you and Jarg Armani.

we do need to start a movement of sorts for when the title is won. Whatever that is.

Bloody hell, when we break the 30 year curse we do it in bloody style eh? Last time someone won a title in June?? Last time won this early after number of games? During a pandemic? 

this season will go down in history and our names will be the winners. This team is immortal. 

Just now, Swipe said:

No I wrote it but that’s another lad. My acting couldn’t handle such nuanced writing. 

Haha it had your fingerprints all over it. Good stuff. Worked as therapy?!

• Haha 1

Just now, Bailo said:

Haha it had your fingerprints all over it. Good stuff. Worked as therapy?!

Haha yeah. I try to suppress my club loyalty when I can but been busting to have a pop at those c**** for two months now! 

I think when we get back, we could put a few big numbers on the board. Bayern and Dortmund have been playing some lovely football - and I can't help come to the conclusion that the training ground atmosphere adds to that. 

Liverpool start the same way as Dortmund in some ways. First game is a derby and 3rd game is against their league rivals. In between that, we play Villa, a relegation threatened team. Dortmund and Bayern have each played a relegation threatened team and won 5-0 and 6-1. 

Bayern's stats for possession in 3 of their 4 games are 66%, 68% and 69% and above their season average of 62.6%. The other was Dortmund so possession not surprisingly but almost even at 49%.

Shots on goal were 13, 21 and 23 against a season average of  18.5 (11 vs Dortmund). They put 12 goals on the board in 3 games (excl. Dortmund), average of 4 per game - was 2.96 at the restart

Dortmund's stats for possession in 3 of their 4 games are 60%, 61% and 67% and above their season average of 58.3%. The other game was Bayern with possession of 51%.

Shots on goal were 11, 6 and 16 - surprisingly below their average of 13.5. In those 3 games they still scored 12 goals - average of 4 per game - was 2.72.

Liverpool - we play Everton and Villa. Everton have lost 12 of their 29 games with 6th worst defensive record and Villa have lost 17 of 28 and have the worst defensive record. If we are playing City as our 3rd game back, we'll want to be using those 2 games to sharpen the players. Use the full 90mins and with subs to get the most out of it ahead of City.

Take the fans and anarchy of Goodison out of the equation and we could give Everton a good chasing. Their defenders will be training for a month against Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Iwobi, Walcott. It will be a step up for Mina, Holgate, Keane against our front 3. Seeing the quality of Bayern and Dortmund against the weaker teams in the Bundesliga just whets the appetite.

Edit: Neville made this comment a few times during this game, especially first half when we weren't at the races.

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

I'm wondering once the title is wrapped up exactly how much effort we're going to put into the remaining games (cf. 1982-83) & whether Jurgen uses the opportunity for blooding more youngsters

11 minutes ago, Cobs said:

I'm wondering once the title is wrapped up exactly how much effort we're going to put into the remaining games (cf. 1982-83) & whether Jurgen uses the opportunity for blooding more youngsters

I think there is less chance of blooding youngsters than pre virus. The players won’t need/want a break.

1 minute ago, downunder said:

I think there is less chance of blooding youngsters than pre virus. The players won’t need/want a break.

not about what they want - it's about what's good for LFC and next season

• Like 1

Interesting article about Harvey Elliott on The Athletic from Jimbo Pearce, considering he's one of the most red boyhood reds of all the southern boyhood reds we've signed it's weird it's taken this long to come out. Madrid were trying to sign him and he turned down the opportunity to meet Ramos because of Kiev.

6 minutes ago, Cobs said:

not about what they want - it's about what's good for LFC and next season

I would have thought the players would be very happy to have a break considering there's likely to only be a few weeks of close season.