Jump to content
psl

2019/2020

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Swipe said:

I fret cos what else is there to do but surely one club derailing something that is now in motion and is being backed by a government isn’t something that could happen. 
 

I wonder if Germany had this, or if Italy and Spain are having it. A few s***bags doing their best to stop it. 

Would I risk my life playing a game of football which will likely result in me losing my wage and getting relegated? Probably not

Would I risk my life playing a game of football for a league winners middle and associated bonuses? Probably yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

Would I risk my life playing a game of football which will likely result in me losing my wage and getting relegated? Probably not

Would I risk my life playing a game of football for a league winners middle and associated bonuses? Probably yes

 

you wouldn't play a game to stop yourself getting relegated despite the resultant loss of income but would to win the league and receive associated bonuses ?

makes no sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

Would I risk my life playing a game of football which will likely result in me losing my wage and getting relegated? Probably not

Would I risk my life playing a game of football for a league winners middle and associated bonuses? Probably yes

 

That makes no sense. 
 

And the vast majority of players have nothing to play for and will play and play gladly. 

Edited by Swipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cobs said:

you wouldn't play a game to stop yourself getting relegated despite the resultant loss of income but would to win the league and receive associated bonuses ?

makes no sense

Depends, If I have 3 Million in the bank and I'm about to relegated unless I take the chance of playing football. 

I'm just trying to see it from another point of view, which is I wouldn't be that arsed about any of this if we weren't in the position we where in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have an issue with Deeney or other players decided individually they don't want to play. Similarly if one of ours came out and send they were too nervous about the risks, I could understand that. Yes footballers are actually going to be far safer than the rest of us, by this sort of thing affects people differently and they're only human.

All of that being said though, I don't think such instances are a problem for the league to solve. It's an issue for the individual clubs. Same as when Bergkamp didn't want to fly places when playing for Arsenal.

It wasn't for UEFA to solve that problem, it was for Arsenal.

If the Premier League have instituted advanced safety measures then they've done all they can. I can understand some players still being afraid of catching it, but that's a club concern.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Swipe said:

That makes no sense. 
 

And the vast majority of players have nothing to play for and will play and play gladly. 

indeed - heard some report on the radio yesterday saying there'd been quite an increase in players contacting the PFA due to mental health issues brought on by the lockdown. For some of these lads football and the structure it provides in their lives is all they know and are desperately missing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stressederic said:

I don't have an issue with Deeney or other players decided individually they don't want to play. Similarly if one of ours came out and send they were too nervous about the risks, I could understand that. Yes footballers are actually going to be far safer than the rest of us, by this sort of thing affects people differently and they're only human.

All of that being said though, I don't think such instances are a problem for the league to solve. It's an issue for the individual clubs. Same as when Bergkamp didn't want to fly places when playing for Arsenal.

It wasn't for UEFA to solve that problem, it was for Arsenal.

If the Premier League have instituted advanced safety measures then they've done all they can. I can understand some players still being afraid of catching it, but that's a club concern.

Good post Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, muleskinner said:

He hasn't lost any of them to the virus.

ah, something i misread on dutch media.

still, if he does have a kid that has a breathing condition (dont know if that is true or not) i totally understand why he wouldnt want to play. that's assuming he's sticking to all the regulations and not out galavanting every evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this lad doesn't seem to give much of a f***  - got a haircut and everything

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740861

10 minutes ago, surf said:

ah, something i misread on dutch media.

still, if he does have a kid that has a breathing condition (dont know if that is true or not) i totally understand why he wouldnt want to play. that's assuming he's sticking to all the regulations and not out galavanting every evening

 can you imagine the twitterstorm if he was photo'd out and about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not usually my thing but not been able to get enough of the pics and videos of the lads back in training today. So good, so needed, so desired, scratching an itch, so satisfying. It's basically like make up sex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Theres mileage in this 

You think it’s gonna derail things? 

Kante has got compassionate leave due to fears over returning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Swipe said:

You think it’s gonna derail things? 

Kante has got compassionate leave due to fears over returning. 

Not that stops us getting what we did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yeah.

Still can't see a one club scuppering it all. All that work and money and detail being allowed to go down the pan cos Watford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gethin said:

I was joking about doing that with my brother last week.

Should have patented the idea.

I prefer the sex dolls idea from South Korea tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...