psl

2019/2020

Bit concerned that Watford are going to cause problems over this. It’s already been reported that them and Chelsea have been the two clubs who’ve needed most appeasement already. 

39 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

They absolutely are, the transparent tory c*nts. 

I’d be a bit more sanguine about it if they actually criticised the government. But as you say, they are total Home Counties Tories to the bone.

10 hours ago, Florist Cinema Pond Goal said:

181 COVID patients between 20-39 have died in the UK compared with over 13,000 over the age of 80.

These are not ONS figures are they?  Are you sourcing these figures from elsewhere?

even if they don't end up playing, null and void is not going to happen.

we will be champions anyway - the rest of them can have the mother of all battles arguing over PPG or weighted PPG.

I fret cos what else is there to do but surely one club derailing something that is now in motion and is being backed by a government isn’t something that could happen. 

I wonder if Germany had this, or if Italy and Spain are having it. A few s***bags doing their best to stop it. 

21 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I fret cos what else is there to do but surely one club derailing something that is now in motion and is being backed by a government isn’t something that could happen. 

I wonder if Germany had this, or if Italy and Spain are having it. A few s***bags doing their best to stop it. 

If there is a majority of 14 then it will go ahead surely. If they refuse to play then you would imagine they would be deducted points. All feels a bit harsh in the circumstances but ultimately if the league votes to continue, I'm not sure what else they could do.

Just now, psl said:

If there is a majority of 14 then it will go ahead surely. If they refuse to play then you would imagine they would be deducted points. All feels a bit harsh in the circumstances but ultimately if the league votes to continue, I'm not sure what else they could do.

Yeah I’d say that’s the PL’s conundrum. They won’t want to look unsympathetic. And Watford probably know this. But what can they do if they are prepared to not play. Not sure they actually would be prepared but they’ll rock the boat as much as they can. 

Presume they’ve worked out they don’t go down should the season be curtailed, no matter what method the PL use for final standings. The only chance they go down is their own ability to win actual games on the pitch.

What a world.

Edited by Swipe

3 hours ago, Swipe said:

Bit concerned that Watford are going to cause problems over this. It’s already been reported that them and Chelsea have been the two clubs who’ve needed most appeasement already. 

Troy Deeney has lost his dad & grandparents to Covid. His son has breathing difficulties. If he doesnt want to play you cant really blame him...

36 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Presume they’ve worked out they don’t go down should the season be curtailed, no matter what method the PL use for final standings. The only chance they go down is their own ability to win actual games on the pitch.

What a world.

They're much better than all the teams around them though so it's a bit weird in that regard. If it was Newcastle in their position who have obviously been skating their luck you'd understand it more. 

6 minutes ago, surf said:

Troy Deeney has lost his dad & grandparents to Covid. His son has breathing difficulties. If he doesnt want to play you cant really blame him...

No he hasn't. His dad died of cancer a good few years ago.

And I literally haven't blamed him. Some of his concerns are valid. Some of the other stuff he said deserves derision.

But Watford are clearly trying to wriggle out of a relegation battle. It's clear as day. I hope their players get their concerns assuaged but I also hope they (the club) get put back in their place.

2 minutes ago, Sion said:

They're much better than all the teams around them though so it's a bit weird in that regard. If it was Newcastle in their position who have obviously been skating their luck you'd understand it more. 

Pure opportunism. Why take the risk of going on a losing run and getting sucked in if you can weasel out of it all. 

Edited by Swipe

11 minutes ago, surf said:

He hasn't lost any of them to the virus.

15 minutes ago, surf said:

Are you thinking of Anthony Yarde?

26 minutes ago, surf said:

Didn't realise this about his father and grandfather, that's sad 

But maybe he should have started with that rather than his washing machine 

42 minutes ago, surf said:

That's not true.

It’s very simple this - if the majority want to go ahead then it goes ahead. If Watford refuse to play they get a 3-0 against in every game and they go down. I don’t see how any one or two clubs have any power at all here, they have to abide by the rules of the league they play in.

54 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

It’s very simple this - if the majority want to go ahead then it goes ahead. If Watford refuse to play they get a 3-0 against in every game and they go down. I don’t see how any one or two clubs have any power at all here, they have to abide by the rules of the league they play in.

I'm pretty sure the PL will end up going down that route. Point deductions for not fielding a team possible too.

4 hours ago, Swipe said:

why not learn a language?

or learn how to draw?

20 minutes ago, Molby said:

why not learn a language?

or learn how to draw?

I'd love to learn to play the guitar quite, quite beautifully.