psl

2019/2020

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

Good point! Is that what's being mooted? I haven't read any articles as I'm still in a strop about us getting knocked out.

I think one idea is for both European comps to be one legged ties for the duration, held in the host cities like a little mini tournament. 

29 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

If we lose all 9 games we'd still win the league i reckon. 

I know. I don't reckon there's a chance we wouldn't win it. There'll be some fatties on the pitch though. 

It's a f***ing good thing we have been good to an unprecedented level so it's tricky to deny us.

Surely if City lose 50-100mm coronavirus related money and miss out on the CL from the ban then they're f***ed? 

There's no way they'd accept that. 

There’s some talk of UEFA relaxing FFP after this so clubs can do what they need to get back to normal ASAP. Imagine city’s ban got upheld and then that happened. 

Wonder if they’ll get a pity decision from CAS now. 

Edited by Swipe

15 hours ago, Swipe said:

Yeah if they came out now and said it was all cancelled it would really devastate me tbh. I’m struggling enough as it is. 

Having football back and seeing these magnificent b*****ds win the title is keeping me going. Be nice if the authorities came out and said “leagues will definitely finish, even if we can’t do it for a while. Now stop thinking about it for now pal.”

Exactly where I'm at. 

Hang on a minute - how are the big clubs going to fit in a load of useless but lucrative friendlies 4000 miles away? Won't somebody think of the poor sponsors in all of this?

Senior figures in Scotland are 'minded to protect next season with as little disruption as possible given new broadcast deals are due to begin'. 

Their priority is to 'protect' a season that's due to start in about four months, over one that's 8 games from a conclusion. I just can't get my head around it. Celtic will kick off if they're not given the title.

Incidentally, Miguel Delaney's timeline is worth a browse. A load of furious United, City and Everton fans, unleashing on him because he reported the story about what the Premier League is planning to finish the season. 

It's like the Twilight Zone, this. As ever, though, it could just be a twitter thing. The few United fans i've spoken to on this want the season finished too.

Ollie Holt did a (pointless and stupid) story about how the Premier League should give £100m to the NHS.

80% of the Twitter replies were "don't care, just stop Liverpool winning the title". 

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

Ollie Holt did a (pointless and stupid) story about how the Premier League should give £100m to the NHS.

80% of the Twitter replies were "don't care, just stop Liverpool winning the title". 

It's infuriating trying to read something about it on twitter, as you have to see the replies. 

Delaney mentioned money in his piece too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolation-camps-fixtures-dates-remaining-suspension-latest-a9435791.html

Also this:

26 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Incidentally, Miguel Delaney's timeline is worth a browse. A load of furious United, City and Everton fans, unleashing on him because he reported the story about what the Premier League is planning to finish the season. 

It's like the Twilight Zone, this. As ever, though, it could just be a twitter thing. The few United fans i've spoken to on this want the season finished too.

Jesus, you weren't kidding

Massive odds on that most of them wouldn't say boo to a goose and can't buy fags without id

31 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It's infuriating trying to read something about it on twitter, as you have to see the replies. 

Delaney mentioned money in his piece too.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolation-camps-fixtures-dates-remaining-suspension-latest-a9435791.html

Also this:

It was a shame for South Liverpool (used to play for them). Committed to spending £20k to move up into the next tier, top of the league then it got voided. 

12 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Jesus, you weren't kidding

Massive odds on that most of them wouldn't say boo to a goose and can't buy fags without id

Genuinely angry about the idea the football will be back. All cos of Liverpool.

Weirdos.

12 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

It was a shame for South Liverpool (used to play for them). Committed to spending £20k to move up into the next tier, top of the league then it got voided. 

Centre half?

7 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Centre half?

does leo play centre half???

21 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Weirdos.

I don't care like - but I wonder why they all hate us so much? I could understand in the early 90s maybe, but you'd think that since, say 2000 that Chelsea, United & City would be bigger hate-figures

30 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I don't care like - but I wonder why they all hate us so much? I could understand in the early 90s maybe, but you'd think that since, say 2000 that Chelsea, United & City would be bigger hate-figures

They don't really, they just say they do to get a reaction. They could say it to a City/Chelsea/Mancs fan but it doesn't matter as they've only been fans for 10/15/25 years - since they started winning stuff basically.  Whereas with us it's a true, genuine, passionate, long-term fan base who will bite back and give the reaction & attention they crave.

They're exactly the same people who will call any woman fat or ugly in a dispute because they know there'll be a hint of insecurity even in a Charlie Theron. 

19 hours ago, Swipe said:

Yeah if they came out now and said it was all cancelled it would really devastate me tbh. I’m struggling enough as it is. 

Having football back and seeing these magnificent b*****ds win the title is keeping me going. Be nice if the authorities came out and said “leagues will definitely finish, even if we can’t do it for a while. Now stop thinking about it for now pal.”

Jesus Swipe are you inside my head? 

Just rule out voiding it. Would stop all this toxic swirl of agenda & opinion.

And rule it out because it’s the worst solution to the situation on every level.

Just that little bit of certainty would do wonders. And for millions of people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Jesus Swipe are you inside my head? 

Just rule out voiding it. Would stop all this toxic swirl of agenda & opinion.

And rule it out because it’s the worst solution to the situation on every level.

Just that little bit of certainty would do wonders. And for millions of people.

Yep. I wouldn’t care if they said “it might not get done until months from now but we 100% will end the season. We’ll push back next season if we have to”. Just that level of conclusiveness would settle us all.  

Maybe they'll move towards that on Wednesday. You can see the briefing that’s gone on the last 24 hours. To be fair though they’re having to placate the “people are dying and you’re thinking about football” bores. 

3 hours ago, Swipe said:

Weirdos.

66 non league football clubs must be rancid, hateful establishments to write to the FA at a time like this.

Prem to lose 1.2bil if season isn't finished.

La liga 768mil.

Bundasliga 915mil.

Bundasliga back in training this week.