psl

2019/2020

More footballers have said it needs to be finished than the opposite.

Phil nailed this a few weeks back. If we get to June/July and we're still at a point when games can't be played out, how on earth are these people thinking the new season is starting in August. Kane is an imbecile.

Getting pretty boring now. Hope they give us the title and relegate spurs and West Ham for being pricks.

Bet he’d change his tune when someone explains he’d lose all the goals he’s scored this season.

Edited by Hightown Phil

3 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It's clear as day those two clubs are actively campaigning for it. 

I can’t see it happening but I expect the noise to get louder and louder.

Watching Spurs slide back into mediocrity and West Ham going down is going to be extra sweet. 

1 minute ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I can’t see it happening but I expect the noise to get louder and louder.

Watching Spurs slide back into mediocrity and West Ham going down is going to be extra sweet. 

I find it all surreal. Nobody is being honest about it from that side and that's what's infuriating. If they don't want to think about football right now, fine. But they are and thinking about it in the most cynical/snide way ever. It's weird.

6 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Getting pretty boring now. Hope they give us the title and relegate spurs and West Ham for being pricks.

Bet he’d change his tune when someone explains he’d lose all the goals he’s scored this season.

I imagine he has already accounted for the fact he won't win the golden boot.

14 minutes ago, Swipe said:

It's clear as day those two clubs are actively campaigning for it. 

Yep

Strange that Mourinho has said that he wants to finish the season though

That c*** Morgan was using the quotes from the UK's deputy CMO about life not being back to normal for six months as a way to reiterate the season has to be voided. Neville replied to him again:

6 minutes ago, psl said:

I imagine he has already accounted for the fact he won't win the golden boot.

Yes but he’s got Alan Shearer that needs catching hasn’t he?

Mad how it's so disrespectful to think about football at this time, unless it's to think of football in this one specific way that benefits your own club, when the official position of completing the season means not actually talking about football at all until they meet up again at the end of April (or whenever it is)

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Yes but he’s got Alan Shearer that needs catching hasn’t he?

Very true.

Probably why Shearer wants it voiding too.

Good thing is Liverpool and Man Utd want it to continue and they are by some distance the most powerful names in that room. See how Levy and Brady like it when they start briefing they are looking at a European Super League.

3 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

What I don’t understand is why next season is seen to be more important than this one? 

Loads pointing that out. Both Carra and neville have said you have time to be creative with next season if it needs to be pushed back. 

The truth is voiding either suits some or it’s pure spite. And the bantz will be transferred if it’s finished and we win the thing. They’ll change tack and tell us it doesn’t count, it had an asterisk beside it etc. 

8 minutes ago, psl said:

Good thing is Liverpool and Man Utd want it to continue and they are by some distance the most powerful names in that room. See how Levy and Brady like it when they start briefing they are looking at a European Super League.

This reads like a Bluemoon post.

No offence like.

5 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

This reads like a Bluemoon post.

No offence like.

Never been on there.

I do accept it may have come from a level of anger and frustration I understand to be common among City fans.

Edited by psl

7 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

What I don’t understand is why next season is seen to be more important than this one? 

This one is dirty now. It’s got ants on it. Throw it in the bin. 

11 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Because some people are wedded to the idea that a football season is immovable and must happen at the same time or it’s some great problem that can’t be worked around. It’s kind of like why there’s opposition to a winter World Cup when the only reason genuine reason against it is that it isn’t when we have a World Cup. 

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Because some people are wedded to the idea that a football season is immovable and must happen at the same time or it’s some great problem that can’t be worked around. It’s kind of like why there’s opposition to a winter World Cup when the only reason genuine reason against it is that it isn’t when we have a World Cup. 

A lot of truth to this I think.

completely agree with the absurdity of this idea of "clean slate" in August or whatever, I'd suggest that even if you did that and started from scratch, there's a fair chance of a new outbreak and another break, at which point you start again, again?

UEFA saying shortened session to follow this extended one. Spurs and Kane can do one. 

See how that business plan predicated on CL football every season goes now.