psl

2019/2020

The glee about the possibility of it being voided has wound me up more than it should have. Probably the type of twitter lad who’s coughing in people’s faces for a laugh though. 

13 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Reading that, I reckon the whispers of legal action have started. To be fair the PL said immediately they wanted to finish it. 

Imagine the fury when we finally win it. 

I only want two things to happen now, us to win it,  and west ham to go down 

2 hours ago, psl said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-complete-season-behind-18000479?utm_source=whatsapp.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

The Premier League is planning to finish the 2019/20 campaign behind closed doors over a period of four to six weeks starting in July, according to a new report.

"According to a new report" always fills me with confidence in the story

14 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Preach brother. 

15 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Hear, hear. 

"If we don't succeed in restarting, the season will probably be lost," the Slovenian said.

That's what had oppo fans slavering on Twitter?

f***tards.

And then he said next season could be put back to accommodate. 

Nothing stops the banter though.

2 hours ago, Hightown Phil said:

They aren’t a particularly affluent company as a whole. It is what it is. 

I can't see what it is on that website

1 hour ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I'm even thinking of going back to footy manager right now.

Can we play each other online? Like all pick teams in like Division 7 & start?

downloaded on my phone, if there is a way, why not 

I can genuinely see us winning it, and Jordan / Jurgen saying afterwards “this isn’t about us, this is about the country”. 

That would be satisfying on every level after all the sh*t that’s gone round about scrapping the season, and I genuinely think it will put LFC on a different platform for values and morals than any other club 

Edited by AC

Between November 30th and Jan 1st (33 days) most prem teams played 10 games. (Liverpool 12)

9 games in 3 weeks is more than achievable given the rest the players will have had. As for Match Fitness, all teams are in the same boat so there's no unfair advantage to be gained there.

Karen Brady is a disgrace.

It's all the 'Liverpool fans are scum for thinking about the league when people are dying #lol30years #notyouryear #f***offscousers' stuff that is a touch irritating.

15 minutes ago, psl said:

It's all the 'Liverpool fans are scum for thinking about the league when people are dying #lol30years #notyouryear #f***offscousers' stuff that is a touch irritating.

Exactly,  they'd rather throw their chances of winning something this season for the sake of bantz and so they can continue to use the Gerrard slip GIF

50 minutes ago, psl said:

You wouldn’t laugh at Man U if the situation were reversed?

20 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

My point is that they are commenting that football isn't important in the face of the pandemic whilst simultaneously laughing at Liverpool fans losing the league.

And to be honest, I don't think I would in these circumstances. I have friends who support Man Utd who believe Liverpool should be awarded the title if the games can't be played and I think I would feel the same way if roles were reversed.

Edited by psl

49 minutes ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

I would, I'd also feel a bit dirty if the season was ultimately scrubbed with a team so far ahead

2 hours ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Not a comment on psl but this is useful to bounce off.

I’ve written about this loads before on here  to the point I’ll sound like a sanctimonious prick if anyone has a weird part in their brain that remembers anything I have ever said.

There is an issue with how fans all see each other which doesn’t change unless you want to start the revolution yourself. You can’t really do it from the position we are in as it is too easy to be magnanimous from here and it would be pretty transparent. 

It runs so deep into everything. I mean can any of us list decisions that have wrongfully gone in our favour. It would take you ages to get to two probably. Now do the reverse... The real life ratios just can’t be that screwed.

I’ve said before that if you kept the behaviour but changed the gender balance of who supports football then it would soon be called out for how ridiculous it is (same with behaviour in The Commons). I think your earlier point on toxic masculinity was a good one.

I honestly think that if we were s*** and United were 25 points clear but the season was abandoned in these circumstances, I wouldn't really be comfortable with them not getting the league. I think I would cringe at any jubilation from our fans. It would just plainly be incorrect to deny them the title and it would feel wrong.

Edited by psl

1 minute ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

You could think it wrong and still laugh about it. Especially if they’d been waiting thirty years.

I know. I just don't think I would. It's just TOO unfair. If it was in any way their fault that they f***ed up, sure. The Gerrard slip has to be manna from heaven etc. (I've always wondered why Terry falling on his a*** to cost Chelsea a European Cup is hardly ever mentioned). But these circumstances, I just think I'd wince at anyone trying to use it for football fan rivalry.

3 minutes ago, Conrad said:

f*** off Harry Kane you big div

He is one massive, massive c***. Knows his season is a complete write off on every level and just wants it pulling.

Speaking to Sky Sports pundit and former Spurs player Jamie Redknapp on Instagram Live, Kane said: "Playing into July or August and pushing next season back, I don't see too much benefit in that.

"Obviously I don't know too much about behind the scenes and financially.

"If the season's not completed by the end of June we need to look at the options and just look forward to next season."

This f***ing narrative is going to grow & grow as it goes on.