psl

2019/2020

6 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

When we get down to it there’s only 3 teams genuinely hurt by voiding. Us, Leicester & Sheff Utd. Wolves maybe, but it’s not massively.

If they only need 14 we are in trouble.

Yes there have been some encouraging noises re a commitment to finish but the clamour to reboot will grow as we get into the summer, “look we can just start a new season, put all this behind us” sort of thing.

Unfair, ridiculous, absurd. Yep, but still the most likely outcome IMO unless things improve more dramatically than looks likely, more quickly than looks likely.

I know some have dismissed the importance of yesterday’s decision re voiding the lowest non-Leagues but the principle is exactly the same. It’s a precedent. The only difference is the money & solutions can always be found with money.

One difference with the leagues that have voided is they were due to finish in April anyway, for what its worth.

There’s no need to make any decisions until end of April. 

All the chat seems to be about the 30 April deadline being extended next week given that teams cannot resume training during the lockdown.

United can win two trophies and qualify for the CL. That won’t happen if the season is voided. Chelsea can still win a trophy. Brighton have said they want the season finished, Steve Bruce said the same yesterday. I think even Mourinho has said it needs to finish. 

The official statement a week ago is enough for me, and even FIFA are saying things should be extended to get them completed. Next season does not exist yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy-oh-six said:

No title and all our records from last season expunged. Sounds like a fantasy for many opposition fans regardless of the damage to their team. 

Exactly. They will push for it but it's fantasy territory.

In other news, Billy Hogan spoke to Nike and New Balance and the former agreed that any title presentation should happen in the current New Balance kit even if the Nike deal has come into affect by then. 

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

In other news, Billy Hogan spoke to Nike and New Balance and the former agreed that any title presentation should happen in the current New Balance kit even if the Nike deal has come into affect by then. 

That's fair of them and the right decision. They should lift the trophy wearing the kit they have played all season in.

30 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Exactly. They will push for it but it's fantasy territory.

I imagine Man Utd would be keen to finish. Not sure the league wants to annoy both Liverpool and Man Utd too much.

United releasing a statement about their season ticket renewals and reiterated their desire for the season to finish. 

Also the times apparently had a piece about the exceptional circumstances allowing FIFA to invoke a rule insisting players remain at their clubs until the season has finished even if their contract is up in June. It will also halt transfers during the same period. 

Edited by Swipe

It's a small window where it makes any sense to void this season and start afresh. 

The clamour to start next season without finishing this one will lessen as people realise that next season is ****ed too and the choice is having one complete season vs than one unfinished and one truncated. 

The lower leagues decision for me is rash on that basis. That said, they'll be a lot more flexible in terms of fixtures next season. They can scrap cups without anyone paying attention and half of them might not exist anyway. 

4 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

I'm less and less positive that this season will be continued. 

Got a feeling it will just be wiped off. That news about the lower leagues yesterday feels like it's some way of doing it in stages rather than a blanket 'expunge' 

Worst case scenario is that we are awarded the title and the rest of the league is cancelled 

27 minutes ago, Swipe said:

United releasing a statement about their season ticket renewals and reiterated their desire for the season to finish. 

Also the times apparently had a piece about the exceptional circumstances allowing FIFA to invoke a rule insisting players remain at their clubs until the season has finished even if their contract is up in June. It will also halt transfers during the same period. 

Article 27 of their player contract regulations states instances of force majeure are ruled upon by the Fifa Exec Committee

If the season is null and void then every single goal scored can’t be counted anymore. Every single losing bet on the football must surely be void too. I think money will respond to that suggestion. 

Edited by Swipe

What would be your own reaction if was nulled and void. 

I mean to be honest i'm feeling less and less arsed as the days go by as I can't find f***ing Pasta and it seems a massive irrelevance.

But if we don't get this after everything I might just jack it in. It's not healthy this

Immoral, insulting, petulant schoolchildren.......This language from Football top brass? 

This is clearly a co ordinated move from certain clubs to protect their interests. 

Irish tv’s report on it mentioned no clubs but had exterior shots of West Ham’s ground as the backdrop. Quite liked that.

3 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

This is the only way they can generate clicks at the minute. Chill.

Harsh on Aritro

2 hours ago, Swipe said:

If the season is null and void then every single goal scored can’t be counted anymore. Every single losing bet on the football must surely be void too. I think money will respond to that suggestion. 

season ticket refunds etc?