psl

2019/2020

If we win it, I just hope we get to mark it. Not arsed about the behind closed doors thing its past that now. 

I don't care if the parade is next week, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months from now.

The lads deserve a parade, we deserve a parade give me a f***ing parade. 

19 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

It’ll be sound. Give it 10 days and we’ll be over the worst. Another 10 and people will be itching for the togger.

Just heard Jose Mourinho say exactly this on BeinSport.

Not a fan of the word 'expunged'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52052351

All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these divisions.

The same will happen in the women's game below the Women's Super League and Championship level.

However, the National League, National League North and South, WSL and Women's Championship will continue towards a conclusion "as quickly as possible".

"These are challenging circumstances for English football and all decisions taken are in the best interests of the game," said a Football Association statement.

"Our primary concern will always be for the safety and welfare of clubs, players, staff, officials, volunteers and supporters during this unprecedented time.

"Today's steps take into account the financial impact during this uncertain period, whilst considering the fairest method on how the sporting outcomes for the season will be decided, with the integrity of the leagues in mind."

The decision applies to steps three to seven in men's non-league football, while all "grassroots" divisions below these tiers have also finished. It has still yet to be decided whether these seasons are to be voided.

In women's football, tiers three to seven have also ended.

8 hours ago, Molby said:

Won’t everyone come back out of shape? And it will be like watching The Legends

players waddling around and that 

A bit like this   

Ireland forecasting (extremely early days and limited data) that peak impact on the health system is towards the end of April under current measures  - not sure impact when measures start to unwind. There’s no serious talks of schools going back anytime soon. UK should be able to model similar from 2wks after the lock down 

ET9OsiSX0AA4Lbt.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Jesus they’ve just voided the season for all divisions below the National Legue.

We’re going to get done over aren’t we?

It made me feel better that they have said the National League must continue.

That may well be the intention but a precedent has been set now though.

Kind of sounds familiar...

27 wins in a row for nothing

Some men's teams, such as Jersey Bulls and Vauxhall Motors, had already secured promotion to step five of the non-league pyramid, but their promotions will now be cancelled.

Jersey Bulls had won all 27 of their matches in the Combined Counties Football League Division One and were 20 points clear at the top.

Northern Premier League Premier Division leaders South Shields FC were set for promotion to National League North with a 13-point gap to second, but will now spend another campaign in tier seven.

Chairman Geoff Thompson vented his frustration on Twitter, saying they had been "badly let down".

"SSFC will be writing to the FA in the strongest possible terms and will seek an appeal or will take legal action," he said. 

"Whatever the outcome following this appalling decision the club will continue as before. However, there is no denying this decision has a huge financial impact.

"We have invested heavily this year in a host of areas and the loss of promotion will also affect some of our revenue assumptions for next season. My message to all our SSFC fans and sponsors is - sorry a huge disappointment and we've all been badly let down."

1 minute ago, Tommy Cockles said:

That may well be the intention but a precedent has been set now though.

Yeah I'm not feeling great about it right now.

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

It should make you feel more confident we’ll finish, not the opposite.

Why?

Yeah those decisions are pretty irrelevant to the top tier. And plenty are unhappy about the decision to cancel it too.

Looks to me like they’ve done it in divisions where the clubs really can’t do anything about it. 

Edited by Swipe

29 minutes ago, Tommy Cockles said:

Jesus they’ve just voided the season for all divisions below the National Legue.

We’re going to get done over aren’t we?

Its a financial issue. Which is why our league will be completed.

20 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Cos they didn’t extend it to the entire non-league pyramid? Just left it to what’s basically the amateur game.

Well yes I did say that the fact they didnt extend it to the National League makes me feel a bit better.

I'm sure the intention is to play those leagues to a completion but I'm not sure how long that will remain the case.

23 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

It’ll be sound. Give it 10 days and we’ll be over the worst. Another 10 and people will be itching for the togger.

I've always liked you @Jarg Armani

49 minutes ago, Raj said:

Its a financial issue. Which is why our league will be completed.

Yeah - what would happen to goals scored by players and the bonuses paid - appearance bonuses, final placing awards etc? Do players just lose 1 year of their career's stats? Have to pay back bonuses because goals don't now count? Or stick with the bonuses. Merit bonuses to clubs - a lot of this has been paid, but certainly not all - 

it seems weird to think about right now, people are talking about an asterisk and all that s***, but once the go-ahead for the next game happens, we'll be back in the groove, once that first game is played it'll almost be like nothing changed. 

The human power to bounce-back is remarkable

"All teams across English football are said to be in complete agreement with concluding the current season before starting up the 2020/21 campaign."

So are PL etc. 

This changes nothing.  Binning amateur footy just consolidates this position. I'm not worried at all.  If it isnt concluded then things will have got so bad we are unlikely to see PL football again for quite some in which case it will be irrelevant. 

https://apple.news/AHkFX2BN8SgOHNZJEWGwgsw

32 minutes ago, Redray said:

"All teams across English football are said to be in complete agreement with concluding the current season before starting up the 2020/21 campaign."

So are PL etc. 

This changes nothing.  Binning amateur footy just consolidates this position. I'm not worried at all.  If it isnt concluded then things will have got so bad we are unlikely to see PL football again for quite some in which case it will be irrelevant. 

https://apple.news/AHkFX2BN8SgOHNZJEWGwgsw

That wasn't all he said.

"There is a complete commitment across English football to get this season finished," he said on the Ornstein & Chapman podcast hosted by The Athletic.

"There is plenty of modelling happening on how to finish the seasons. So within the hope that the season finishes, and by that I mean: Null and void is completely off the table pretty much everywhere in English football now.

"They're modelling on how you might be able to finish it, with the best-case scenario being that you play all games, but perhaps some alternative scenarios that see, I'm hypothesising here, I don't know for sure, playoffs and other various ways of getting it done."

In other news  I've always liked Steve Bruce.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-not-ideal-rival-manager-17987128

Edited by psl

41 minutes ago, psl said:

That wasn't all he said.

"There is a complete commitment across English football to get this season finished," he said on the Ornstein & Chapman podcast hosted by The Athletic.

"There is plenty of modelling happening on how to finish the seasons. So within the hope that the season finishes, and by that I mean: Null and void is completely off the table pretty much everywhere in English football now.

"They're modelling on how you might be able to finish it, with the best-case scenario being that you play all games, but perhaps some alternative scenarios that see, I'm hypothesising here, I don't know for sure, playoffs and other various ways of getting it done."

In other news  I've always liked Steve Bruce.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/its-not-ideal-rival-manager-17987128

When he talks about 'English football' he is clearly referring to the professional game, not the amateurs. The article later on refers specifically to 'elite level football' being allowed to continue beyond the June deadline so the distinction was already made last week.

33 minutes ago, Redray said:

When he talks about 'English football' he is clearly referring to the professional game, not the amateurs. The article later on refers specifically to 'elite level football' being allowed to continue beyond the June deadline so the distinction was already made last week.

Yeah I know.