psl

2019/2020

Yeah I think it's ridiculously optimistic to think they'll resume it in any form any time soon.

The PFA boss says players accept BCD is the only way to get the season completed once it’s back. 

Getting bored of bellend pundits saying it should be voided. Rio Ferdinand the latest. I suspect he’d rather wait it out if Manchester United were on the verge of the title. 

Joe Cole said it too but he hates us. 

Edited by Swipe

Few people moaning over the season finishing behind closed doors.

Not ideal but as long as it's finished, who cares?

Remember the days when a match could be decided on a coin toss?  Who was it we knocked out that time when it landed side on in the mud?  They could do that for each game that remains, get captains to do it from home, live streaming and everything.

34 minutes ago, uppsala said:

Few people moaning over the season finishing behind closed doors.

Not ideal but as long as it's finished, who cares?

But they won't be able to broadcast it into homes for fear of groups or match parties.

BCD and no broadcast is no good to Sky and BT

18 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

But they won't be able to broadcast it into homes for fear of groups or match parties.

BCD and no broadcast is no good to Sky and BT

The reasons they’d be doing it BCD would be for the benefit of the broadcasters though. 

I'm not sure how BCD would really work anyway. You would have to test the players and the results aren't immediate are they? Plus hard to justify wasting tests for players, managers, coaches, officials for every single game that regularly.

1 minute ago, psl said:

I'm not sure how BCD would really work anyway. You would have to test the players and the results aren't immediate are they? Plus hard to justify wasting tests for players, managers, coaches, officials for every single game that regularly.

You isolate them and treat it like a tournament I suppose. Put them in hotels and effectively have them on a lockdown while training and playing. 

I imagine it’s possible and while it doesn’t sound like a picnic they can’t be having much fun now.

7 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

You isolate them and treat it like a tournament I suppose. Put them in hotels and effectively have them on a lockdown while training and playing. 

I imagine it’s possible and while it doesn’t sound like a picnic they can’t be having much fun now.

Possibly but they still just have to touch the wrong surface and then their face and that's that.

I am desperate for them to finish the season but I'm starting to think it won't happen. 

I do think if they abandon the league, we will be given the title and they will work everything else out. Would be pretty s*** though.

Edited by psl

1 hour ago, smithdown said:

Remember the days when a match could be decided on a coin toss?  Who was it we knocked out that time when it landed side on in the mud?  They could do that for each game that remains, get captains to do it from home, live streaming and everything.

Cologne - in the 60s

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

The PFA boss says players accept BCD is the only way to get the season completed once it’s back. 

Getting bored of bellend pundits saying it should be voided. Rio Ferdinand the latest. I suspect he’d rather wait it out if Manchester United were on the verge of the title. 

Thinking about it logically - you have to finish the season, even if it means next season starts late. 

The WC 2022 is f***ing timing up anyway, use it as a stepping stone. Why is voiding this season more legitimate than just canceling next season? 

It’s insane. Next season should be cancelled or truncated first. Just voiding a season 75% finished is lunacy. 

Most seem to agree tbf. Even Rooney said that, while with his background part of him thinks it would be good if Liverpool lost out, it can’t be cancelled. 

2 hours ago, Swipe said:

The voiding thing doesnt even make sense tbh

7 minutes ago, Hassony said:

The voiding thing doesnt even make sense tbh

Yeah like next season can even start if we’re not able to finish this one by late summer. Giving precedence to a brand new season over one that has 9 games left would be astounding. 

Lfctv are showing extended highlights of all games this season on YouTube at 8pm

Watching the Norwich game now 

I mean - if it turned into something apocalyptic - like we have to quarantine for years, akin to a world war, then yes. But based on what we know and expect then no way. And that's not (entirely) out of self interest

9 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Lfctv are showing extended highlights of all games this season on YouTube at 8pm

does it cost?

Free on YouTube,  but might be country specific 

It was just a 10-15 minutes highlights,  but better than nothing

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

ohhh off to download these, will keep me occupied for a bit 

26 minutes ago, Raj said:

Read the opposite yesterday. Bobby Barnes saying leading players did not want to but understood why they would need to do it 

Yeah I saw that too. It wouldn't be a surprise if some players were more open to it than others.

Hard to argue with much of this though;

Players are adamant they do not want to play behind closed doors because:

They fear for their own safety amid strict Government warnings over social distancing

It could put their own families in jeopardy if they then become infected

Extra strain would be placed on emergency services with ambulances, paramedics and security would be needed at a time when they are already being stretched to the limit

54 minutes ago, psl said:

Yeah I saw that too. It wouldn't be a surprise if some players were more open to it than others.

Hard to argue with much of this though;

Players are adamant they do not want to play behind closed doors because:

They fear for their own safety amid strict Government warnings over social distancing

It could put their own families in jeopardy if they then become infected

Extra strain would be placed on emergency services with ambulances, paramedics and security would be needed at a time when they are already being stretched to the limit

They're not playing anytime soon, so a lot of those concerns may pass

The obvious elephant in the room is clubs cashflow and how that impacts on ability to pay wages.

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Read the opposite yesterday. Bobby Barnes saying leading players did not want to but understood why they would need to do it 

Me too. 

I think a lot of reporters have their own agenda. I can't imagine a single Leicester player right now saying he doesn't fancy continuing the season.