psl

2019/2020

What the hell do we normally do over the summer!? It's been like a week and we're all football-deprived zombies.

Eric will know more than I but I suspect the lack of footy for six years is why WW2 is viewed so negatively... 

9 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I’ll burst into tears when it comes back I think. 

I wonder what Nebraska red is doing nowadays with no sports on anywhere 

Probably streaming camel racing from Dubai 

2 minutes ago, Cam said:

What the hell do we normally do over the summer!? It's been like a week and we're all football-deprived zombies.

Eric will know more than I but I suspect the lack of footy for six years is why WW2 is viewed so negatively... 

Cricket,  Olympics,  world cups/euros, transfer nonsense 

We have absolutely nothing 

10 minutes ago, Cam said:

The fact that women's football took off during the First World War was likely a big morale boost on the home front. If the government and FA hadn't been such pricks in 1921 I reckon it would have potentially have been as popular again between 1939-45 (although the home front was more dangerous so it might not have been played).

In fact women's football would probably be as big as the Premier League today if they'd just left it alone after the First World War.

15 minutes ago, Swipe said:

The release, Muley. The release.

Carry it with you, keep the feeling close. Its gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Cam said:

I mentioned them before but this missus and kid I have are putting in a hell of a shift. I mean they’re no Virgil 70yd pinpoint ball but f*** me they are putting in a shift. I’ll almost be sad to say goodbye to them when this is done.

1 minute ago, sammy & a said:

I mentioned them before but this missus and kid I have are putting in a hell of a shift. I mean they’re no Virgil 70yd pinpoint ball but f*** me they are putting in a shift. I’ll almost be sad to say goodbye to them when this is done.

Ha ha!

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Cricket,  Olympics,  world cups/euros, transfer nonsense 

We have absolutely nothing 

Robbie Fowler managing in the A-league is continuing!

2 hours ago, Falconhoof said:

Completely agree. Not because it’s us winning the league, but even if it was the championship, or even some tennis tourno, it would be a huge relief for millions.

They should re-run things like The Australian Open 1963 and we can watch it as if live 

2 hours ago, D.Boon said:

Imagine If they all come back fat as houses, like Partridge when he "let himself go"

Mo driving barefoot  to Dundee eating toblerone 

4 minutes ago, Molby said:

They should re-run things like The Australian Open 1963 and we can watch it as if live 

I thought this today. Daley Thompson’s decathlon hosted by some celebs, mixed with interactive video game competitions of the decathlon events. 

20 minutes ago, downunder said:

Robbie Fowler managing in the A-league is continuing!

I see loads of adverts for his property investment academy. 

5 minutes ago, Falconhoof said:

I thought this today. Daley Thompson’s decathlon hosted by some celebs, mixed with interactive video game competitions of the decathlon events. 

How good was Daley Thompson's decathlon on speccy, C64 etc. And Hyper Sports 

2 minutes ago, DazzlaJ said:

How good was Daley Thompson's decathlon on speccy, C64 etc. And Hyper Sports 

Yeah man. I don’t get why that fast alternating finger pressing on the keys isn’t a life skill. It should have set us up like Bill Gates.

Dan Roan saying the PL will reiterate its commitment to finishing the season when they meet tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51954580

Says they won’t put a date on anything though, and they’re open to BCD games if restrictions on mass gatherings aren’t lifted.

The article also mentions the threat of legal action from championship clubs, and compensation claims from Sky and BT if the season wasn’t completed. 

Edited by Swipe

In response to the absence of actual live footy, I've been filling some of the imposed home-dwelling with full re-runs of:

Istanbul

v Barca semi last year

v West Ham FA Cup final

v Alaves UEFA Cup final

I would recommend this to everyone. Next up, I'm going to start re-watching all our games from this season...

9 hours ago, genghis said:

In response to the absence of actual live footy, I've been filling some of the imposed home-dwelling with full re-runs of:

Istanbul

v Barca semi last year

v West Ham FA Cup final

v Alaves UEFA Cup final

I would recommend this to everyone. Next up, I'm going to start re-watching all our games from this season...

Fair play to you.  Can't bring myself to watch any Liverpool reruns at the moment.

13 hours ago, Hassony said:

Aussie Rules kicks off today, behind closed doors.

Premier League extend deadline to complete season indefinitely. No football until at least 30 April.

The FA, Premier League, EFL and women’s professional game, together with the PFA and LMA, understand we are in unprecedented times and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

We are united in our commitment to finding ways of resuming the 2019/20 football season and ensuring all domestic and European club league and cup matches are played as soon as it is safe and possible to do so.

We have collectively supported UEFA in postponing EURO 2020 to create space in the calendar to ensure domestic and European club league and cup matches have an increased opportunity to be played and, in doing so, maintain the integrity of each competition.

The FA’s Rules and Regulations state that “the season shall terminate not later than the 1 June” and “each competition shall, within the limit laid down by The FA, determine the length of its own playing season”.

However, The FA’s Board has agreed for this limit to be extended indefinitely for the 2019/20 season in relation to Professional Football.

Additionally, we have collectively agreed that the professional game in England will be further postponed until no earlier than 30 April.

The progress of COVID-19 remains unclear and we can reassure everyone the health and welfare of players, staff and supporters are our priority.

We will continue to follow Government advice and work collaboratively to keep the situation under review and explore all options available to find ways of resuming the season when the conditions allow. We would all like to re-emphasise that our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

Edited by psl