psl

2019/2020

9 hours ago, psl said:

Exactly. It looks as if football may not start again for a good long while. By which time the season we have just had could feel a lifetime away.

How are things in the housing market Sammya? Can't imagine too many viewings being booked.

It’s surprisingly still good in the Lettings side 

Everyone wants to avoid being this guy though

1 minute ago, psl said:

So unlike Foxtons.

Haha.

Having been there I can literally picture every single conversation 

They've said they're committed to that rather than 'have to'. They'll have to be flexible, you'd imagine. It's all guesswork right now.

Rory Smith:

Just so we're all clear, Uefa have said that they want to complete the league seasons before June 30 "if at all possible." They have NOT said they have to be finished by June 30. They said that if they miss that date, they'll adapt CL/EL qualifying if necessary.

There shouldn't actually be quotes around that, sorry. Anyway: I assume there is a point at which they have to say they can't get the season done. That point is not June 30.

4 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

yeah - if there's a game to play & you reckon yo can finish on say July 6th, it'd be insane to void a season for 1 game (round of games) a few days after that date

Some European league seasons run over the summer Norway for example 

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Some European league seasons run over the summer Norway for example 

Irelands as well.

Our league is only 5 games into the season actually. 

Obviously called off like everyone else though....

I'm I the only one that wishes the ex Liverpool legends would stop going on telly saying the league must be finished? 

Not only is it insensitive, imo, but also just comes across as desparate. What will be, will be. Bigger things to worry about right now. 

I don't see how the PL meeting tomorrow can say anything other than they will continue to monitor it. Not sure they can even offer a commitment to end the season eventually. No one has a f***ing clue how long this will last.

You would think the players may want to return to their own countries to be with their families but there are no flights anyway.

From the BBC.

The English Football League is to release a £50m short-term relief fund to help clubs with cash-flow issues because of the coronavirus outbreak.

The fund includes the early release of award payments, and an interest-free loan facility.

The announcement was made after an EFL board meeting called to discuss the impact of the outbreak on clubs.

The EFL also stressed its commitment to finishing the 2019-20 season "in order to protect competition integrity."

1 hour ago, Flasher said:

I'm I the only one that wishes the ex Liverpool legends would stop going on telly saying the league must be finished? 

Not only is it insensitive, imo, but also just comes across as desparate. What will be, will be. Bigger things to worry about right now. 

there are as many saying the opposite - but I know where you're coming from. People are dying, businesses are being run into the ground and it's all 100% speculation. 

Yes sport is important - more important than any non-sports fan could conceive - but right now it's literally a day at a time; we're heading into the unknown

I think sport is more important than ever tbh. People need something to look forward to. Football coming back will be incredible for everyone, even the d****eads on twitter whose opinion on this is guided only by wanting to see Liverpool lose out.

My mental health will improve greatly if the PL come out tomorrow and say the priority is to finish the season, which id hope they will. 

Edited by Swipe

I havent been on here in the last 1-2 days but massively agree with Swipe. 

We are all having a massive disruption to normal life that football will be a huge release for people and their mental health. The first game back will be a party. 

Absolutely. It’s non-stop pessimism and horror stories at the moment. That’s to be expected of course but people need to be reminded this will end and things will get back to normal. 

Yeah I think if we can get televised behind closed doors games on soon, that will be a good idea. Obviously need to test players and other people who’ll be in the stadium.

13 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I think sport is more important than ever tbh. People need something to look forward to. Football coming back will be incredible for everyone, even the d****eads on twitter who’s opinion on this is guided only by wanting to see Liverpool lose out.

My mental health will improve greatly if the PL come out tomorrow and say the priority is to finish the season, which id hope they will. 

Completely agree. Not because it’s us winning the league, but even if it was the championship, or even some tennis tourno, it would be a huge relief for millions.

Agreed 100%. 

It would be a huge boost to so many.

Not sure how you keep the players safe though. Everyone tested before every game? That doesn't help with close contact training etc.

1 minute ago, Falconhoof said:

Completely agree. Not because it’s us winning the league, but even if it was the championship, or even some tennis tourno, it would be a huge relief for millions.

Really would. This whole thing is like a movie. I’d kill to watch some league 2 s***e right now. 

1 minute ago, psl said:

Agreed 100%. 

It would be a huge boost to so many.

Not sure how you keep the players safe though. Everyone tested before every game? That doesn't help with close contact training etc.

The players are probably isolated with their families now and will stay that way. If they can be tested regularly along with media staff etc surely it can be done. 

2 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Really would. This whole thing is like a movie. I’d kill to watch some league 2 s***e right now. 

The players are probably isolated with their families now and will stay that way. If they can be tested regularly along with media staff etc surely it can be done. 

f***ing hope so.

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I’ll burst into tears when it comes back I think. 

Bet no one will talk about the anti-climax of winning the league now.