By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2019/2020

psl

17 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

This is proper wait and see territory.

I know to an extent everything we do is but this is so far out of the knowable that it seems so pointless speculating.

Exactly. It looks as if football may not start again for a good long while. By which time the season we have just had could feel a lifetime away.

How are things in the housing market Sammya? Can't imagine too many viewings being booked.

Edited by psl

10 hours ago, growler said:

You could finish the season in June, if things start to clear in late April. At least domestic season anyway. 

Currently expecting May/June to be the peak. I think it’s got to be BCD from mid April or games in July August with next season moving back

9 hours ago, Lark said:

a lot of players contracts finish in june.  

9 games home and away in 4 weeks? 

Short extensions could be given to the end of the season

Over to the Premier League on Thursday.

They won't be able to make any big decisions really though as no idea when anything will be able to begin again.

They could commit to finishing this season before starting another but I do wonder how that would work if teams start changing with players being out of contract etc.

5 minutes ago, psl said:

Over to the Premier League on Thursday.

They won't be able to make any big decisions really though as no idea when anything will be able to begin again.

They could commit to finishing this season before starting another but I do wonder how that would work if teams start changing with players being out of contract etc.

just get the PL clubs to agree to a moratorium on the transfer of players (or playing new players) until this season is concluded

1 minute ago, Cobs said:

just get the PL clubs to agree to a moratorium on the transfer of players (or playing new players) until this season is concluded

Yep. If the league is finishing late then the transfer window will need to be shifted anyway. And I can't imagine giving rolling monthly contracts to players will be an issue. If they don't want to sign them, that's fine. But if the window is shifted they won't be moving anywhere else anyway.

4 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Yep. If the league is finishing late then the transfer window will need to be shifted anyway. And I can't imagine giving rolling monthly contracts to players will be an issue. If they don't want to sign them, that's fine. But if the window is shifted they won't be moving anywhere else anyway.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Not transfers but you can't force out of contract players to stay. I guess this isn't the biggest problem.

Just now, psl said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Not transfers but you can't force out of contract players to stay. I guess this isn't the biggest problem.

Yeah. They'll stay if the alternative is having to wait a month or two to sign somewhere else and not get paid in that time. Can't see two many players wanting to look like agitators over this either.

Ah, didn't realise the discussion was about out-of-contract moves. 

But still... imagine Mane has agreed terms with Madrid to join on 1 July and the PL campaign restarting three days later with Brewster on the left wing.

Also, would Mane be allowed a day off in September to come back to Anfield for the trophy presentation? 

1 minute ago, Cam said:

Ah, didn't realise the discussion was about out-of-contract moves. 

But still... imagine Mane has agreed terms with Madrid to join on 1 July and the PL campaign restarting three days later with Brewster on the left wing.

Also, would Mane be allowed a day off in September to come back to Anfield for the trophy presentation? 

There would have to be no transfers until the season was over.

Couple things from UEFA statement.

"The move will help all domestic competitions, currently on hold due to the COVID-19 emergency, to be completed.

"A working group has been set up with the participation of leagues and club representatives to examine calendar solutions that would allow for the completion of the current season and any other consequence of the decisions made today."

Edited by psl

Next seasons gonna he pushed back I think. They’ve loads of time to restructure it.

Still think there’s a chance we’ll lift the title in an empty stadium though. Not even bothered anymore when you consider what the worst possible alternative is. Although granted that’s easy for an armchair prick like me to say.

I mean - if the pub was packed it would still be great, but some of that is the intangible which is the player reactions that feed from the crowd in the ground. But winning it is the important part. Wasn't it Derby in the 70s who'd finished their season and were on holiday when - I think it was us - failed to win and they won the League around a pool on holiday?