psl

2019/2020

They might. Because if it isn't, and the ban is found to be illegal, then City could sue for hundreds of millions.

So then what do they do if the appeal is turned down and they’ve already started their CL campaign? Just chuck them out?

So then what do they do if the appeal is turned down and they’ve already started their CL campaign? Just chuck them out?

I guess if CAS turn them down, they'd have to file an injunction or something with the Swiss courts. I don't know enough about Swiss law to say what effect that would have, but UEFA might suspend the ban for a year to ensure they won't face a giant law suit.

I'd be very surprised if the ban isn't suspended pending an appeal.

It would start the following season.

They haven't been kicked out of this season's competition so no reason to think the same wouldnt apply.

Wait till the final. If city are in it then kick them out and otherwise just ban them for the next season :thumbs:

Edited by surf

Part of me hopes it does just drag on for about ten years. Regardless of the verdict at the end it will have done all kinds of damage to them. These kind of distractions tend to hit home and impact on the playing side after a bit, whether it is just through a sense of fatigue around it all, players not being as willing to commit to such uncertainty, factions emerging etc.

If City really go for it then there is either a huge, almost unimaginable arrogance on their part or a massive, glaring hole in UEFA's case.

But f*** me though, reading that Guardian article, City really are absolutely vile aren't they?

Edited by kop205

I'd be very surprised if the ban isn't suspended pending an appeal.

It would start the following season.

They haven't been kicked out of this season's competition so no reason to think the same wouldnt apply.

Yeah maybe. That's really messy though. They could go on to win it with a ban in the background. It would be embarrassing enough for UEFA if they win it this season.

I don't think there's a chance they're weaselling out of the ban though. They don't seem to have a defence. 

Part of me hopes it does just drag on for about ten years. Regardless of the verdict at the end it will have done all kinds of damage to them. These kind of distractions tend to hit home and impact on the playing side after a bit, whether it is just through a sense of fatigue around it all, players not being as willing to commit to such uncertainty, factions emerging etc.

If City really go for it then there is either a huge, almost unimaginable arrogance on their part or a massive, glaring hole in UEFA's case.

But f*** me though, reading that Guardian article, City really are absolutely vile aren't they?

They are pretty much tainted for life. Or as least as long as they keep the current owners.

Yeah maybe. That's really messy though. They could go on to win it with a ban in the background. It would be embarrassing enough for UEFA if they win it this season.

I don't think there's a chance they're weaselling out of the ban though. They don't seem to have a defence. 

Not a chance in hell this happens. I expect them to get precisely 0 decisions in their favour in their remaining CL matches.

It's a bit weird really. What do we actually have to talk about? It's all just whether anyone from other teams should be in team of the year and which of 7-8 players is our best player.

No angst left.

It's a bit weird really. What do we actually have to talk about? It's all just whether anyone from other teams should be in team of the year and which of 7-8 players is our best player.

No angst left.

Just wait until international break. We’ll find something.