By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

fragrance for men

Falconhoof

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bit of a problem with a lot of them because they just don't last one me, at least as far as I can tell, so, as nice smelling as they may be, I feel like they're a waste of money.

I usually have a few on the go for different occasions, currently have two different Aqua di Parma options, a Dior Allure Homme Sport, Eau Sauvage Extreme (which I don't think is anywhere near as good as the classic lemony Eau Sauvage in the orangey box and which you can hardly find these days), and two different Tom Fords (the Grey Vetiver is my go to day-to-day one at the moment) and Floris No.89.   

Wish I could justify paying for Creed as I really like a couple of those but they are just bonkers prices.

Was anyone around in the 80s?

Kouros (pulling potion, as we called it)

Then Drakar (ultimate pulling

Honourable mention to Paco Raban (sp)

There just aren’t any great fragrances anymore.

The ones you mentioned plus

Jacomo de Jacomo

Nino Cerruti pour homme

Monsieur Rochas

Those three got the girls sniffing

just remembered, these days I mostly buy my fragrances from the perfume factory in Place de Vosges, in the Marais region of Paris

anyone know it? it's near the Victor Hugo museum

it's good fun too, as the owner is quite a showman

recommend

That's sounds a bit like Le Labo where it looks like they just kind of make up the mix on the spot for you and it's called something like 'leather 26' or 'parsnip 14' depending on which base you choose. I'm always intrigued to the point that I'd love to try it but if, as often happens, I put it on and half an hour later there's no trace of it, I'd feel like I'd wasted a massive amount of money for no good reason at all.

Spice Bomb by Victor Rolf is incredibly manly .

This made me laugh

I have a bit of a problem with a lot of them because they just don't last one me, at least as far as I can tell, so, as nice smelling as they may be, I feel like they're a waste of money.

I usually have a few on the go for different occasions, currently have two different Aqua di Parma options, a Dior Allure Homme Sport, Eau Sauvage Extreme (which I don't think is anywhere near as good as the classic lemony Eau Sauvage in the orangey box and which you can hardly find these days), and two different Tom Fords (the Grey Vetiver is my go to day-to-day one at the moment) and Floris No.89.

Wish I could justify paying for Creed as I really like a couple of those but they are just bonkers prices .

Tom Ford ones are a bit lively price wise, no?

The one the missus has is Tom Ford and it's about £250 which is crazy money

Edited by TommoK

• 1 month later...

I started picking up my after shave from copycat 

all rip off versions of legit ones.... £22 for Creed instead of £180 

got my son the Sauvage rip off for xmas to stop him robbing mine. Smells pretty damn close to the proper one doing a side by side comparison

Does it come in the fake packaging as well, or how it looks on the website?