By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Torres retires

I read the big interview he did a while back, which was supposed to finally explain his reasons for going and all it really amounted to was that he wanted to go.

Bar Man United, Chelsea (at the time) were the worst possible team to sign for. He was great for us, for a while and then he f*cked off. The end.

He was an important part of our history.

Ste & El Nino were the dogs swingers at their peak.

He f***ed himself over by leaving. We f***ed ourselves over by hiring that thing, but on his day, he was awesome.

He was as brilliant in his day, as he is dead to me now.

Injuries absolutely f***ed him and, by the end of his time here, he was finished. If he had stayed, that wouldn't have changed. I think he has the right to be really pissed off with the way the club was at the end and I think he had made his mind up before Kenny took over. But, yeah, he chose Chelsea, so f*** him. And he keeps on going on about 'one day I will reveal all' and he never does. It's not like we don't know most if it anyway. 

From the Twitter:

For 3 seasons, Fernando Torres was absolutely incredible for Liverpool, scoring 0.84 non-penalty goals per 90. That's better than Henry (0.73), Kane (0.72), Shearer (0.71), Aguero (0.71), Suarez (0.69) or van Nistelrooy's (0.58) three best consecutive Premier League seasons.

Still love Suarez, but no feeling whatsoever towards Torres, he's pretty much dead to me

Not sure why Suarez gets more of a pass than Torres.

He tried to force a move to Arsenal, then f*cked off to Barca the following summer, and then behaved like an utter pr*ck when he played against us.

I’m not that arsed, we’ve moved on to a new era and we are champions of Europe. I just don’t get why you couldn’t forgive and forget for Torres as well.

Edited by Leo No.8

Not sure why Suarez gets more of a pass than Torres.

He tried to force a move to Arsenal, then f*cked off to Barca the following summer, and then behaved like an utter pr*ck when he played against us.

I’m not that arsed, we’ve moved on to a new era and we are champions of Europe. I just don’t get why you couldn’t forgive and forget for Torres as well.

Personal choice, he gets a pass for the arsenal move same as Gerrard gets a pass for twice wanting to go to Chelsea

Suarez gave his best, then left to go Barca, and has always been respectful of us

Torres moved to Chelsea and his first interview was about how happy he was about joining a big club

He basically just said they had a better team didn't he? Which they did.

I'm kind of ambivalent about him. On the hand he left us for Chelsea so f*** him. On the other hand the club let him down at least as much as he let them down.

I kind of regard him in the same way as I do someone like Raul Meireles. He doesn't really register as a Chelsea hate figure (I could probably quite easily give you 20 players from the Abramovich era I hate more than him) but nor in a weird way do I really think of him as a Liverpool player. Which isxmar given how good he was but it all just seems ages ago.

I love Luis again now though, the mad b*****d.

Edited by kop205