By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Torres retires

44 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Imagine if we had both suarez and Torres at the same time 

We’d have won the league in 2009 and maybe the CL too. City’s arrival ruined the spaces we could operate in the market as well cos they got Silva.

Ah well it is what it is now.

16 hours ago, Beardsley said:

Wonderful player. We have a striker who could learn a thing or two from watching this.

Yeah, had the same thought. Torres leathered it for some great goals, but most of those finishes were just calm, super composed placement

• Like 1

On 21/06/2019 at 12:30, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

I don't hate either - they did brilliantly for us & we sold for a tidy sum.

The likes of Owen I hate - he was worth a bomb & we got royally f***ed.

McManaman I have forgiven; I'm sure he's pretty happy about that now

It's in his book. "Thanks Macca lad for forgiving me, I'm over the moon!"

54 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Yeah, had the same thought. Torres leathered it for some great goals, but most of those finishes were just calm, super composed placement

He was similar to Suarez in the way he had so much control of his feet and body. He was able to adjust in a split second to take a pass, or have a shot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Torres can f*ck off. 

His comments after he left left me feeling this way as well. I could understand why he wanted to leave, we were a mess.

As for Suarez, I'm with Jimmy Tarbuck 😎😎 to some extent. He's up there in my top 3 of best Liverpool players I have ever seen, alongside Dalglish and Gerrard.

• Like 2

Really had a great time with Torres here. Proper superstar.

Chelsea really came for us with everything they did when we were in financial s***e. Hope they still go bang.

The way he sucks up to them at times is a bit vomit inducing. He never had the fun he had here but suppose - trophies.

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

I don't think I hate him. I kind of never really think of him, which is mad given how good he was.

In terms of leaving, he only did what his 'Scouser born and bred' captain tried to do. The club was an utter mess.

I’m over hating him.

They all leave of their own accord or cos we force them out and we’re pretty much the apex so we’re spared loads.

Anyway looking at that video, I forgot just how outrageous he was. I mean I knew he was spectacular but I think I under remembered his capabilities.