Sign in to follow this  
pipnasty

Extinction Rebellion

A 2c rise will bring about total biosphere collapse. We are at, at least, 1.5c now.

Dr Peter Carter says that Australia is in the midst of a mega-drought and, get this, it will never come out of that drought now.

He goes on to say that climate denial or lack of action is the greatest evil that humankind has ever instigated and he is right.

Edited by pipnasty

Seriously though mate, keep up the good work, I need to do more of this sort of s*** and the door knocking and that, if nothing else to stop myself from going all Falling Down

On balance we probably deserve to go extinct.

Is there an opposition to Extinction Rebellion? Extinction Compliance?

I regularly hope for extinction

Especially when I venture out my door

Records temperatures in Australia, permanent drought for many and bush fires that are totally out of control. It is estimated that many parts of Australia will become uninhabitable in the next couple of decades. 50% of the coral reef has already died with the rest expected to go in the next 50 years or so. The Australian's then went to COP25 and lobbied for less environmental protections and a watering down of future commitments. When previously asked about what Australia can do to fight the severe environmental problems that it faces, Morrison said 'more coal'. 

Good work Pip. It's kind of depressing and ironic but mankind's desperate attempts to protect its wealth may be the best chance we have of significant change

Edited by D.Boon

We've spent the last couple of years lobbying our LGPS pool to divest from fossil fuels. They basically told us to f*** off to begin with but we continued dialogue with them and then yesterday, we were told of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/jan/08/pension-funds-urge-barclays-to-stop-lending-to-fossil-fuel-firms

Well done Pip!

I had someone tell me today that there is clear proof global warming isn’t happening because Britain was cooler this last decade than the one before.

The warmest decade on record being followed by the second warmest clearly does show everything is in fact fine. Hard to argue with that kind of logic.

Rumours going round (yeah, I know) that the government are looking into the possibility of defining XR as a terrorist group

"It says that issues to look out for include people who speak in “strong or emotive terms about environmental issues like climate change, ecology, species extinction, fracking, airport expansion or pollution”.  :yes:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR10hQ9_38oY56XHrbbYgop28SBfItM5gVpRZtrgwMd05tex7-cc9MiYzdA

Edited by pipnasty

"It says that issues to look out for include people who speak in “strong or emotive terms about environmental issues like climate change, ecology, species extinction, fracking, airport expansion or pollution”. :yes:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/10/xr-extinction-rebellion-listed-extremist-ideology-police-prevent-scheme-guidance?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other&fbclid=IwAR10hQ9_38oY56XHrbbYgop28SBfItM5gVpRZtrgwMd05tex7-cc9MiYzdA

I'll be reporting so many kids Prevent will seize up

"It says that issues to look out for include people who speak in “strong or emotive terms about environmental issues like climate change, ecology, species extinction, fracking, airport expansion or pollution”.  :yes:

And, of course, the super glue. Don't forget they have super glue.

Great news about Heathrow - hopefully this will stop any further expansions of UK airports. The next job is to then shut them all down.

Be interesting to see the tory reaction to the runway 3 decision. Johnson was an opponent at one stage but it doesn't fit with the Brexit strategy of being a global superpower freed from the EU shackles.