Sign in to follow this  
pipnasty

Extinction Rebellion

chortle...you'll need my iptv in France. I'll come over and set it up when you're ready.

I was there to help out in case they needed anything like a phone to call someone or to get them food or drink. Or if the police were being arses and taking them to places like Wigan, I was to be on hand to give them a lift back to Manchester or to the nearest station for them to get to where they needed to be. But like I say no one got arrested so I wasn't needed.

Pfft I gave up Monday 5's to do this. I've probably lost my place now!!

Cool

Good work

France: I’m ready when you are mate

Cool

Good work

France: I’m ready when you are mate

Lets talk at the next we're both at or lets take this off line. 

Message me at iejonesy@gmail.com

She’s right but obviously not why she thinks she is.

Forests aren’t ‘the earths lungs’

The rainforest is also a large contributor of co2. Net reducer of Co2 but not quite in the way is often popularly portrayed.

What are the earth's lungs? Michael Ball?

Alternatively what are the Earths balls?

I'm convinced it's Michael

Michael - you are the earths balls.

Big Extinction Rebellion protest down here yesterday at the Valero Oil refinery. I become massively torn when it comes to things like this at the local level, that refinery is one of the main providers of work to this area and the impact if it were to close would be devastating and long lasting. I realise XR tried to mitigate this in their statement but it came across as pie in the sky thinking "We don't want anyone to lose their jobs, they could all work in green energy!"

To misquote Mike Tyson, everyone has principles until some c*nt in a tent stops you getting to work.

Edited by cymrococh

Big Extinction Rebellion protest down here yesterday at the Valero Oil refinery. I become massively torn when it comes to things like this at the local level, that refinery is one of the main providers of work to this area and the impact if it were to close would be devastating and long lasting. I realise XR tried to mitigate this in their statement but it came across as pie in the sky thinking "We don't want anyone to lose their jobs, they could all work in green energy!"

To misquote Mike Tyson, everyone has principles until some c*nt in a tent stops you getting to work.

Why can’t there be as many jobs in renewables ?

Genuine question.

Or do you just mean, it’s no comfort to those people that jobs might be created elsewhere, and who knows when.

Why can’t there be as many jobs in renewables ?

Genuine question.

Or do you just mean, it’s no comfort to those people that jobs might be created elsewhere, and who knows when.

The second one. It's not just those people, the closure of this particular refinery would be as catastrophic to an already massively deprived area as the pit closures in the Welsh valleys.

We don't seem to be making any real progress on turning renewable energy into a proper industry, any initiatives I'm aware of in Wales in general are dismissed as too expensive.

The only people who seem to be benefiting from my anecdotal evidence are large landowners who turn fields into solar farms.

The following two consecutive headings on the local paper website made me laugh

- Climate change protesters say they will be blocking off the road to Valero until they shut down the plant

- Environmental protesters have tonight ended their blockade of the Valero Pembroke Refinery

Edited by cymrococh

"all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth"

Nut and shell...

When children start realising what their parents have knowingly stolen from them, they ain't gonna be happy.

And you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is.

"You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line. The world is waking up. And change is coming, whether you like it or not."

Edited by pipnasty