Sign in to follow this  
pipnasty

Extinction Rebellion

There's a maximum too I think but it's for smelting works and the like and deals more with the number of breaks you should be taking and that's at crazy temperatures

Someone needs to invent zero carbon air conditioners

Or we could knock down our commercial buildings and build cooler ones, also zero carbon of course

Or better still, the bosses could fan the workers instead of sitting in their jacuzzis

Poll in Guardian (yeah, I know) saying that 71% of British people thought that climate change was more pressing and important than Brexit

Poll in Guardian (yeah, I know) saying that 71% of British people thought that climate change was more pressing and important than Brexit

But Johnson didn't even mention climate change as an issue in his inaugural speech...

The c***.

Thousands of people around where I live have been evacuated due to flooding and the possibility that our local dam may breach. The dam holds 300 million gallons of water. Nearly all roads have been closed and all rail and bus services suspended. If the dam breaches, and we have been told that there is a good chance that it will, whole villages will be lost and there could be severe damage up to 10 miles away. All a bit unnerving, to be honest

Thousands of people around where I live have been evacuated due to flooding and the possibility that our local dam may breach. The dam holds 300 million gallons of water. Nearly all roads have been closed and all rail and bus services suspended. If the dam breaches, and we have been told that there is a good chance that it will, whole villages will be lost and there could be severe damage up to 10 miles away. All a bit unnerving, to be honest

What your going through is really scary. Global warming will be dealt with when it’s too late which is simply mind blowing. Mad max 2045

Looks from the pictures like the causeway failed and as a result a load of the base layer clay washed away when they were dumping water. Apparently these dams are only inspected annually which seems strange.

https://apnews.com/65694195c91d4b62b275bd14a6955b4c

“ More than 10 billion tons (11 billion U.S. tons) of ice was lost to the oceans by surface melt on Wednesday alone “

One billion tons = 400,000 Olympic swimming pools.

Haven't read the article, but the bit you've quoted is s***ty statistics. No comparison to norms or trends. 

We are still basically on lockdown here with all roads in and out closed apart from one and all public transport suspended. We've got the army on the streets (yeah, I know) and have been given an evacuation plan. Three short blasts on the sirens mean that the dam has breached and we need to get to higher ground immediately. We've also been told to have a travel bag ready in case we need to evacuate at short notice.

Haven't read the article, but the bit you've quoted is s***ty statistics. No comparison to norms or trends.

The comparison is in the article you’ve not read

We are still basically on lockdown here with all roads in and out closed apart from one and all public transport suspended. We've got the army on the streets (yeah, I know) and have been given an evacuation plan. Three short blasts on the sirens mean that the dam has breached and we need to get to higher ground immediately. We've also been told to have a travel bag ready in case we need to evacuate at short notice.

Blimey, scary stuff.

Hope it works out OK for you mate.

How far away are you? Take it you're not in the zone they've already evacuated?

Ok so you admit that the bit you’ve quoted has no special meaning without the extra information.

How many mugs of tea are in an Olympic sized swimming pool ?

Just spent a couple of days at the Northern Rebellion in MCR and got to speak at an event yesterday. Really good

Edited by pipnasty

Just spent a couple of days at the Northern Rebellion in MCR and got to speak at an event yesterday. Really good

I was down to help out with anyone that got arrested yesterday. As in go the police station and help them once they got out of the cells. No one got arrested!! 

I was down to help out with anyone that got arrested yesterday. As in go the police station and help them once they got out of the cells. No one got arrested!! 

Yeah, there were a few people who glued themselves to Barclays but that was about it. There was a lot of emphasis on families and for that reason I think the more confrontational side of things was turned right down. This won't be the case in London in October though.

help them how, install satellite for them ?

which I'm not belittling btw..I think it's a nice thing to do for people after they've been locked up for a while

help them how, install satellite for them ?

which I'm not belittling btw..I think it's a nice thing to do for people after they've been locked up for a while

chortle...you'll need my iptv in France. I'll come over and set it up when you're ready.

I was there to help out in case they needed anything like a phone to call someone or to get them food or drink. Or if the police were being arses and taking them to places like Wigan, I was to be on hand to give them a lift back to Manchester or to the nearest station for them to get to where they needed to be. But like I say no one got arrested so I wasn't needed. 

Pfft I gave up Monday 5's to do this. I've probably lost my place now!!