Sign in to follow this  
Romario

Sunderland till I die.

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

I quite liked him to be honest. 

He makes for good viewing. The play off final particularly. 

I didn't like Charlie at all until later in the season when they showed a lot of him in the stands.

Just finished season 2, thought the owners weren't as bad as the previous season,  very naive in the January window but at least the intentions were good in getting a striker in 

The biggest shock was that the bearded supporter was still in his 30s, shows what supporting Sunderland does to you 

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Just finished season 2, thought the owners weren't as bad as the previous season,  very naive in the January window but at least the intentions were good in getting a striker in 

The biggest shock was that the bearded supporter was still in his 30s, shows what supporting Sunderland does to you 

Yeah he seemed alarmed by that himself.  Also, the lack of coherent comment from anyone younger than him is quite telling.  

The muttered Brexit talk and fleeting appearance of Farage was quite funny.  Like a collective shame.  Almost as if it was slyly hammering home that they deserve f*ck all but crushing home defeats and having to say Cattermole in despair for a generation.

Edited by smithdown

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

The theme song is gorgeous. Rob McElheney did a funny cover of it today on his Instagram.

Thanks for that, hilarious 

2 hours ago, Swipe said:

The theme song is gorgeous. Rob McElheney did a funny cover of it today on his Instagram.

Never knew they were married 

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Never knew they were married 

And Charlie is really married to the waitress.

16 hours ago, Swipe said:

I have to say I find it vomitingly sentimental - goes right through me

22 hours ago, smithdown said:

I have to say I find it vomitingly sentimental - goes right through me

Yep, the ability to skip it via a big button is a Godsend.

• Like 1

i have just  binge watched the whole series.  

Not as good as the first, but I thought the lack of obvious communication between the owners and manager was odd.

On 20/04/2020 at 06:08, Aunty-N.W.A said:

Charlie Methven and him wanting to turn SoL into a club in Ibiza with the entrance music is the best television I've seen in 20 years.

Oh god yeah. That was tough waching

Got through Ep 5 - saving the last one as it's going to be ace.

Back to Maja - he's doing quite well in France, but the signing of Grigg is mental. Manager says he's not worth more than 1.25m so they pay 3 & then it's the manager's fault. They keep touting his record - he's a 1 in 3 striker (a lot worse at Sunderland mind) there must have been loan options out there.

They're shackled by some mental contracts the insane last owners put in place, they'll struggle till they rid themselves of all the players that were in the Prem with them

What’s the deal with sunderland and Northern Ireland anyway?  Seem to be loads of links there.