By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Dogs

Tobes Rafa

3 hours ago, EC_Red said:

Hi guys. Our medium sized (45 pounds)  2 year old dog rummaged through our trash and ended up eating bones from a cooked chicken thigh and wing, when we weren’t home.

The internet (https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/what-to-do-dog-eats-chicken-bone/) suggests we monitor her over the next few days for signs of lethargy, distress or bleeding in stool etc. Does that sound right? Do you think I should rush her to the vet today?

She should be fine. The biggest danger is the bone getting stuck in her throat, but as she has digested them now she is safe from that. If you take her to the vets they will look her up and down, say she looks ok and to keep an eye on her…….then charge you £70. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a game changer, I am absolutely in shock at the impact it has had walking my lunatic Springer, I wish I'd had one when my kids were growing up.

Delivered Sunday

Parcel was handed to resident.

Track package

Dog Training Collar with Remote, 1000FT Range Waterproof Rechargeable Dog Training Device with Voice Commands, Vibration, Beep Modes, Safe Behavior Co

Sold by: HXWEB TECH

Eligible for return until 2 Nov 2021

£45.99

Condition: New

On 05/10/2021 at 22:32, Red2Core said:

Getting a black female chow chow 2nd week in December...so be an interesting mix I will have.

1 male Rottweiler

1 female Patterdale x Russel 

1 female mini Jack Russel 

Plus 2 female cats

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfoPFtlHO7/?utm_medium=copy_link

My mates got a patterdale. They are f***ing relentless

• Like 1

Had our 14 year old jack russell x Chihuahua in the vets this morning, she's become absolutely obsessed with food while also obviously losing weight. Vet couldn't spot anything obvious but did find a heart murmur and took bloods. I've only met the guy a couple of times so it's hard to second guess things but his tone was very down when discussing what could be wrong, and he mentioned cancer far too many times. My daughter and our other dog will be distraught if anything happens to this one.

57 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Had our 14 year old jack russell x Chihuahua in the vets this morning, she's become absolutely obsessed with food while also obviously losing weight. Vet couldn't spot anything obvious but did find a heart murmur and took bloods. I've only met the guy a couple of times so it's hard to second guess things but his tone was very down when discussing what could be wrong, and he mentioned cancer far too many times. My daughter and our other dog will be distraught if anything happens to this one.

14 is a decent age even for a small dog. Not that that ever consoles come the terrible day. In 2016 I put down a 16 year old Russell which was dreadful and also an 8 year old Russell in a time span just three months apart which was truly distressing, when I came out of the vet after the young one I couldn't catch my breath properly. I hope your dog's ok obviously Cymro.

On 08/10/2021 at 14:12, Murphman said:

14 is a decent age even for a small dog. Not that that ever consoles come the terrible day. In 2016 I put down a 16 year old Russell which was dreadful and also an 8 year old Russell in a time span just three months apart which was truly distressing, when I came out of the vet after the young one I couldn't catch my breath properly. I hope your dog's ok obviously Cymro.

Nothing bad on the bloods, so the next option is an ultrasound scan. 

• 1 month later...