(My son) Kyle's Wish to Walk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Leo. We’ve been working hard on his leg muscles to strengthen them  The left pic is 2 weeks after his op and the right is recently. The legs are not as thin now so it’s progressing - slowly -

August 3rd 2019 vs yesterday 😊   I don’t know why that image has doubled up. Can’t seem to delete one of them. 

Jesus Rory, the wee man’s legs have certainly bulked up. Onwards and upwards to you and your family.

Posted Images

Great stuff mate - must be exciting!

I'll explain it briefly. We were told in June 2014 that he'd be wheelchair bound and there is no cure. We discovered there is corrective surgery to get him walking in America. The doctors in Ireland kept saying no. The doctor in America approved him in July 2018. Once we got that yes we mobilised like goddam b*$t@rd$ to do everything we could. It was like a massive shock of adrenaline hitting the system that letter last July. Thankfully its all gone so, so well to be going this soon. Takes most families over 2 years, we're getting it all done in 9-10mths.

• 4 weeks later...

Think the operation is today...??? fingers crossed if so

Hey pal it was yesterday. It went very well. The wait was agony because after all it was spinal surgery. It’s 9am now here and I’m on the way to the hospital as I type. Mam stayed with him last night and said he was very comfy which is great news as I thought he’d be in agony.

Start of Day 1 post op and so far so good - thanks for the prayers and messages :)

Oh wow, I'm so happy that it is going well Rory. Kyle just seems like such a cracking little kid and he's a battler beyond belief. He's going to thrive and shock the hell out of everyone. Your perseverance and love for him has made all of this happen. It's just an amazing story. Best to you, your missus and the little fella!

Thanks alot - you've all been so good and genuine here and on the Facebook page with your comments.

I made this before we flew out from Dublin Airport last Thursday. Its all gone so well since....but loads more to do...BUT we'll do that too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eji5gIdw238

Edited by Rory Fitzgerald

I'll explain it briefly. We were told in June 2014 that he'd be wheelchair bound and there is no cure. We discovered there is corrective surgery to get him walking in America. The doctors in Ireland kept saying no. The doctor in America approved him in July 2018. Once we got that yes we mobilised like goddam b*$t@rd$ to do everything we could. It was like a massive shock of adrenaline hitting the system that letter last July. Thankfully its all gone so, so well to be going this soon. Takes most families over 2 years, we're getting it all done in 9-10mths.

5 years on you must feel 10 feet tall, what a wonderful story. Very best wishes for continued good news. Superheroes don't just exist in comic books.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers NYR and mates, I am still here for another week. Unfortunately, our WiFi is dying so I cannot lots of updates or even watch YouTube videos of the final. 

I watched the final over here which was a little strange but the main thing is that Kyle is doing well after surgery. 

I will do a better update with maybe more pictures in a few week but here we are the day before the surgery with Dr Park - we are 3 weeks post op now and he has done fantastic work, no complications and really good early results.

iemj5g.jpg