(My son) Kyle's Wish to Walk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Leo. We’ve been working hard on his leg muscles to strengthen them  The left pic is 2 weeks after his op and the right is recently. The legs are not as thin now so it’s progressing - slowly -

August 3rd 2019 vs yesterday 😊   I don’t know why that image has doubled up. Can’t seem to delete one of them. 

Jesus Rory, the wee man’s legs have certainly bulked up. Onwards and upwards to you and your family.

Posted Images

Yep, thats the surgeon the end Hiss, incredible man. Performed 4,000 operations of this kind and travels the world to visit kids every year that he has operated on. We met him in Dublin last April.

This is a Thank You video to alot of the people that donated. Apologies I couldnt get everyone, there are some from YNWA.tv at about 9.45mins. Thanks to all of you though that donated !! We are at €85,000 and I now know we will hit €100,000 given the power behind this which you have been part of so thanks alot !

• 2 months later...

Just seen on Facebook that they've got a date for the treatment in the US. You should be so proud of everything you've done Rory.

Unreal the past 24hrs. Yes, we got a date for the surgery. We had September as confirmed but there was a cancellation and we got bumped to May. Its only a few weeks away and we are now in planning mode. 

Its so unbelieveable this has happened so fast and I want to say thank you so much to you and everyone else that donated. There is no way we hit €100,000 so fast without so many kind people.

Its Tuesday May 14th - his life will change so much for the better with this. Will keep you informed around the time. 

Brilliant stuff Rory. So happy for Kyle and all of your family.

Here's an idea too. After he has recovered a bit and is out and about, take him to see the St Louis Cardinals play. the weather shouldn't be too hot and it is supposed to be a pretty cool place to see baseball. I'd guess that the hospital would be able to sort that out for you. A trip up to Chicago should be on the cards too. He'll love the Willis Tower.

Brilliant stuff Rory. So happy for Kyle and all of your family.

Here's an idea too. After he has recovered a bit and is out and about, take him to see the St Louis Cardinals play. the weather shouldn't be too hot and it is supposed to be a pretty cool place to see baseball. I'd guess that the hospital would be able to sort that out for you. A trip up to Chicago should be on the cards too. He'll love the Willis Tower.

Thanks mate - appreciate it. It's been a journey but we got loads of help and from you and people here.

I'm not sure we'll be doing much travelling but we'll see once the logistics are out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...