what is the single best episode of television you’ve ever watched

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showing yer age.

Did a bit of Wikipedia and was amazed to see Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais are both still alive.

Now there’s one for the books. They must be in their 90’s. Norman Lear gets tons of credit for American comedies, but the truth is that those two wrote so damn much that got remade in America. It was their ideas in the first place. True TV legends.

Now there’s one for the books. They must be in their 90’s. Norman Lear gets tons of credit for American comedies, but the truth is that those two wrote so damn much that got remade in America. It was their ideas in the first place. True TV legends.

Did I misremenber it or aren't they quite right wing?

The friends episode where joey finds out about Monica and chandler. His face ..... priceless.

Just about any episode of Frasier, modern family is slowly replacing frasier as my favourite comedy.

I’m not a teenage girl, but I appreciated the acting and costuming of an episode of One Tree Hill where it reverted back to the 1950’s. My kids loved that show so I was frequently roped in to watching.

The NCIS series 2 finale when Kate was shot. Kinda blew me away.

Every Simpsons Halloween episode.

It blew my mind when I realised that the fella who played Harris in Porridge also played the Gestapo lad in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Haha, absolutely. The burned hand bloke.

Cobs was on Eggheads?

What Italian cheese in English means 'sweet milk'?

The friends episode where joey finds out about Monica and chandler. His face ..... priceless.

Just about any episode of Frasier, modern family is slowly replacing frasier as my favourite comedy.

I’m not a teenage girl, but I appreciated the acting and costuming of an episode of One Tree Hill where it reverted back to the 1950’s. My kids loved that show so I was frequently roped in to watching.

The NCIS series 2 finale when Kate was shot. Kinda blew me away.

Every Simpsons Halloween episode.

Taliking of NCIS, the episode where Tony is with his new daughter and finds Ziva's stuff in the kids bag. Still has me and my wife in tears.

Best Modern Family episode is Australia, where Phil gets laid out by the kangaroo.

It blew my mind when I realised that the fella who played Harris in Porridge also played the Gestapo lad in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Never made the connection.

Also the Bishop of Bath and Wells from Blackadder II it seems. Thanks Google.

Good shouts for episode 8 of series 3 of Twin Peaks.

There's been loads of great episodes of stuff like The Wire and The Sopranos etc but that episode of Twin Peaks was almost certainly the most mind blowing episode of TV I've seen in recent years - it was utterly mind meltingly fascinating

Taliking of NCIS, the episode where Tony is with his new daughter and finds Ziva's stuff in the kids bag. Still has me and my wife in tears.

Best Modern Family episode is Australia, where Phil gets laid out by the kangaroo.

Oh yes yes, forgot about that one. Don’t fancy NCIS much anymore without Tony.

The Aussie modern family was great, had a bit of laugh with the Mrs last week related to the episode where Gloria took everyone to Hawaii for Jays birthday. “Where do these people think she gets her money from?” My wife took me to the restaurant at the mandarin oriental here, similar response when our friends told her that was a really nice place to take me!!

For not actually being gay, “Cam” pulls it off so well. He absolutely cracks me up when he’s doing his panicked Lilly screams!!

Edited by AnfieldWestGaffer

best ever episode 

Stevie can remember it from 14 years ago - test of time or what?

Failed on dolcelatte, IIRC.

I used to love Cheers but I seem to remember that my favourite episode was the one at the opera.

And that was a good shout on GBH - fantastic series with more than one outstanding episodes. Bleasedale;s output fell off a cliff not long after that didn't it. He did a domestic drama with Robert Lindsay not long after - about the impact of a parent's death on a child - and that was about it. Shame. He was the dog's for ages

I wouldn’t have got dolcelatte. Makes sense when you know the answer

was one of them, after your hear the answer you go 'oh, yeah... DOH' but as a team we did well, battled them for 2.5 hours - they got 1 question wrong between them in that time. Daphne's knowledge was incredible.